just talk to Bob Marsocci and Robert Mercer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lee espinoza

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
I ask both what is directv go to do about us people with hdtivo that are in the first 12 Markets to Receive Local Channels in High-Definition This Year
he said they are still are working on how they will go about get them the necessary STB , but they wanted me to know that directv does not want to leave its Customer with hd and I quote "in the cold" and that DIRECTV will take care of upgrading all HD STBs with MPEG-4 equipment when the time comes and it will cost little or no money.

if you want to ask Bob Marsocci or Robert Mercer any thing call:

For information on: Corporate issues, Business affairs, Legislative/Regulatory issues and Programming

Bob Marsocci
Vice President, Communications
Phone: (310) 726-4656

For information on: DIRECTV PARA TODOS, International Services, Telcos, Special Markets, DIRECTV Airborne, Customer Service, DIRECTV SPORTS, Broadcast Centers, MDUs, Local Channels and Signal Integrity

Robert Mercer
Director, Communications
Phone: (310) 726-4683

Well if he told u that, then its seems u got the real info,

BOB And Robert is the Higher up Directv Employees

So i say Everyone to Stop crying and B****ing about directv not upgrading ur equiptment for little or Free.

BTW if you were at it, u could'of asked Bob or Robert, how come Stephanie Campbell doesn't answer her emails. :rolleyes:

lee espinoza said:
I will call them back tonight ask what you want me to ask.

I echo the question about additional national HD channels. I also would like TNT-HD, Starz-HD and Cinemax-HD. I've been hoping that we'd see some new channels once NFL-ST ended and if they aren't going to show up soon I'll be cancelling the Starz and Cinemax packages until they're added. Thanks

Lee,

Ask them about increasing the picture quality for those receiving D*'s signals on tv's >30"

Sharpie said:
Lee,

Ask them about increasing the picture quality for those receiving D*'s signals on tv's >30"

What are you comparing the pq too? If your looking at HD then back to SD then yea its a world of difference. Alot of people complain about our SD, but it is still better than cable and dish. When I look at what we send out from here, and then I get home yes it doesn't look as good, but a few tweaks here and there in my TV and it starts to look really good.

For the future we are working on the next generation of pq and next generation of IRDs (boxes) you should start to see some major improvements/overhauls here in the next 6 months - 1 year.

Alot of money is being spent too insure that we stay #1 and we are the best.

thet is what they said when i email them 1 week ago

What are you comparing the pq too? If your looking at HD then back to SD then yea its a world of difference. Alot of people complain about our SD, but it is still better than cable and dish. When I look at what we send out from here, and then I get home yes it doesn't look as good, but a few tweaks here and there in my TV and it starts to look really good.

For the future we are working on the next generation of pq and next generation of IRDs (boxes) you should start to see some major improvements/overhauls here in the next 6 months - 1 year.

Alot of money is being spent too insure that we stay #1 and we are the best.

Lee,

I am hoping this is a summary in your own words to the email that was sent to you from D*. If it is not, then I have some discrepencies with your source. The statement does not have the language used by an executive for a major company.

If this email is true then it is great to see that D* is taking picture quality seriously.

hdtvtechno said:
Lee while your at it,

Ask Bob and Robert, if they can Provide you with their email address's,
and ask them about my question about Stephanie Campbell :)

Thanks
i will do that

Ask them who else we can e-mail to get answers, including their e-mail address's.

now about
espn2-hd got no date when it will go will go
live but it will go before year end and they still working on contract
negotiation for tnt-hd
go some emails:

bob
marsocci: email ramarsocci@directv.com
going to get some more tonight try to get the ceos email

lee espinoza said:
now about
espn2-hd got no date when it will go will go
live but it will go before year end

and they still working on contract
negotiation for tnt-hd

go some emails:

bob
marsocci: email ramarsocci@directv.com
going to get some more tonight try to get the ceos email

I sure hope ESPN2 HD goes live before year end.

TNT-HD I gave up on that a long time ago, They should have had a contract in place a very long time ago for this channel IMO.

don't be said i am still getting in info in on that channel so if i get any date i will post the date.

hdtvtechno said:
Lee thanks for the info.

Try this mention Satelliteguys or AVS Forum, to them so they visit us here, :)

About ESPN2 HD doesn't sound good, by end of year, Come On :(
Most of the companies, I have learned, have a no online chat board policy. I've tried to get heads of certain companies to come to these, and other foums and they all tell me they can't, since they are a public company.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)