just talked to a csr

jgkelly66

Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
im getting direct on friday because my contract is up.they told me to wait till feburary to switch.she said there was new hd channels coming and that they were waitng for the new channels to offer all hd packages to current customers.do you think this is accurate.should i wait till then to switch.is direct better.

It doesnt matter if it is accurate. Wait a month. It will go by quickly and then see if the new HD channels and program offers are enough to keep you.

Yes, I spoke with a CSR concerning my internationals and as we chatted (waiting for the computers to process things) he said February would have a lot of changes and several new HD channels.

This is no surprise to any of us who check this board for accurate information. It is clear that Dish has OFFICIALLY sent the memo to all CSR's about February. So, for once, the CSR was right. He even knew that one of the birds at 148 bit the dust! He also new about the new satellite going to 129 that would add more HD and "fix" some problems some subs were experiencing. For once, Dish has enlightened the CSR's with some info. His line was to "wait til Feburary; you'll see some exciting things." At least Dish can now tell those customers thinking of leaving they can evaluate the changes in February before making a final decision.

Of course, the changes we all know about are the HD channles Scott has posted and finally allowing current HD customers to jump over the Turbo HD, the all-100% HD package.

I wouldn't mind of they uplinked and made available all the new HD channels later this month.

Before switching to Directv google "cancel directv". You will find a whole world of horror stories. I canceled within 30 days of receiving their joke of an HD DVR and ended up being fined $500 for brief use of a defective DVR and 23 months without directv. Some folks who signed up for more services were fined over $1200 for cancelation.

Do some additional searching on their HD DVR to find out why it is a joke. A 2 hour call with tech support resulted in the answer, "you just have to deal with it."

If you do make the switch, you have been warned.

The DIRECTV ETF is $20/month. Failure to activate fees are stiff but shouldn't come into play unless you're criminally stupid.

But on the other hand, satellite companies shouldn't be able to keep you in a contract when THEY do something that should be criminally stupid. Contracts should preserve the rights of BOTH parties, not one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)