Just thinking, lots of stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohard

Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
Haven't done this but my take, which you gurus will probabbly eat up, is this: If a signal comes out of something you can record it up to the quality it is coming out at. If it is HD and I have an HD Recorder I can do it, correct? Now, I do have a DVR510 from dishnetwork and along that line of thinking, the card is a "wire" so to say and if I bypass the card I should be able to use it to record any signal I pump into it, correct? I am probabbly going to Direct tv to get OLN since dishnetwork droped it and I own the DVR510 so why not do that instead of paying for one or more from them. I also could use it to record locals over the air. Now, can it record HD, yes less of it, but can it record it and play HD back for me? And will it still have a menu to use without a feed from dishnetwork? Maybe I will unhook it and see!

Other otions are beyondtv 4, PC based DVR ect... Is it any good?

HD tuners: I had recently read somewhere that you can use any HD tuner to pick up HD. So, this article said to pick up any old tuner or dish box with one and use the tuner in it instead of the $300 to buy one. I would assume that to be true. But as above if you don't have a signal, unscrambled, you obviously can't decode it to record it.

If you bypass the entire guts of the DVR510 and connect the hard drive directly to something else that is HD and DVR capable, then yes you could use the DVR510 to record HD.

In other words, NO. The box has no inputs that would allow you to record anything except the SD Dish Network programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)