Just upgraded to HD tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I've had directv for quite some time now. Got a good deal I guess from Directv, HD DVR for 99.95 plus 19.95 shipping. I was excited to hear they can install tomorrow!!!! I was too pumped, then I thought....WAIT, DAMN!!!!! See I live in a townhouse, and my current dish which I have a 4 room hookup (just your standard dtv dish) is run from the dish straight into the cable box. Well, to get into this cable box I had to have a key from my Townhome real estate office. They are closed tomorrow! :mad: So I won't have a key to get into the cable box. My question is this, I know they have to replace the dish out with the 5 lnb dish, will they need to re-run the wires at all into that cable box?? Or do they not have to go back into that box since the wires are already run into it from the prior dish. I'm concerned, I'm replacing just my living room receiver which is a standard dvr receiver. Any help or question would be appreciated, I guess I will just have to reschedule if I need back in that cable box. I'm ready to watch my Yankees in HD but still have time to reschedule before opening day if need be.

Is this a rental; you may not have any rights to that box or it contents or the alteration of same; ask first to be 110% sure. I would err on the side of safe, and just let the installer setup what you need and stay out of the box and get new RG6 runs.

No, we own the townhouse. We are allowed in the box, but the Home Owners Association has the key and they are closed today. When I first installed the standard dish here which was a four room hookup, the installer ran the wires from the dish straight into the cable box. That day of course I had the key from the main office. My main worry is that today will they need back in that box when I upgrade to the HD dish?

I think they just use existing wires.. Unless there's some issue with them that they need to address.. I mean it's also not uncommon that one installer finds out that the previous one did something wrong that needs to be addressed. When my guy came to replace the 3 with the 5 lnb he mentioned that the previous one had not been properly secured. I though, "Oh great... well how do I know that YOU will do it correctly??"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)