Just wondering now that you can remove a network

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
With the latest software update you can remove a network from Primetime Anytime. Anyone thinking of removing a network.

Fox might be the one for me, dont really watch much of the network shows

With the latest software update you can remove a network from Primetime Anytime. Anyone thinking of removing a network.

Fox might be the one for me, dont really watch much of the network shows

Glad to see them add that which I never plan on using the Prime time feature but it's good that they are giving the users more control..

I would love it if you could add Cw and PBS to the big 4 networks. But I would definitely turn off NBC during the OLympics. I don't watch sports at all.

I don't see a reason to disable. You're not getting the space back nor the tuner (since the other channels are recording too).

On Saturdays I don't watch ANY thing on network tv , so I would disable all of them for that night and use the third tuner for more movies I like to record. As for NBC, I already said I don't watch sports , so why fill up my NBC network with shows that will record for hours if there are over runs due to the Olympics being sports. Right now Sports shows run for an hour or more during Sunday nights . I would think that without that network recording it would stop at the regular time at 10:00pm instead of 11:00pm. But I won't know for sure till I get the software for sure.

I think they should allow the users to adjust PTAT by adding other channels that are on the same transponder, add other transponders and adjust the time and so forth.

I don't see a reason to disable. You're not getting the space back nor the tuner (since the other channels are recording too).

You sure about that? Granted, I never use PTAT, but I did in fact gain an extra 231GB on S216, since I never use PTAT. I would think that removing a network from PTAT would give a little more space. Have you actually tested your theory (about no space being gained?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)