Just Wondering

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcbender

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
What does the 4dtv reciever do at night when it travels to G1 for updates and when G1 switches to G15 will I have to reprogram a new slot or will it be automatic Thanks for any info. jaycee ps love the 4dtv:) :confused:

You will need to do nothing, you will not notice the switch, it happends very fast, it is replacing Galaxy-1R and will be in the same orbital slot.

You shouldn't notice any difference. Motorola will probably leave the mapping as G1. If they do change it and you have the 4dtv set-up in the installation for the dish to move for updates. It will go wherever the updates are located. I don't think there software will allow for 3 digits in the mapping, such as G15, thats why G11 is mapped as GB, i.e. they can only use 2 digits for the mapping. There are other sats with the same problem, so I see it staying mapped as G1. And the main reason it travels to G1 is for the programming of the IPG (programming guide).

Al

Just in case...

voomvoom said:
You shouldn't notice any difference. Motorola will probably leave the mapping as G1. If they do change it and you have the 4dtv set-up in the installation for the dish to move for updates. It will go wherever the updates are located. I don't think there software will allow for 3 digits in the mapping, such as G15, thats why G11 is mapped as GB, i.e. they can only use 2 digits for the mapping. There are other sats with the same problem, so I see it staying mapped as G1. And the main reason it travels to G1 is for the programming of the IPG (programming guide).

Al

I will still fine tune again when the change happens....forgot the date but it should be any day now. Can't wait to see if it improves the strength(quality) of the HBO/Max stuff, even though I do not subscribe to them, I use the signal to tweak G1 after a wind storm since they are so twitchy!...I think I will have to replace that OLD BRAND X actuator after all...new one is sitting in my shed right now....will start warming trend in Reno this week so I will be able to set it up.

BTW: I looked at the new one the other day and it had a sticker on the motor saying it should be pointing up not down...this came up a while ago when a member saw my dish picture and said his arm was mounteed with the motor down....again, it is the drain hole position on the motor case that is necessary.

gizzer777 said:
BTW: I looked at the new one the other day and it had a sticker on the motor saying it should be pointing up not down...this came up a while ago when a member saw my dish picture and said his arm was mounteed with the motor down....again, it is the drain hole position on the motor case that is necessary.

It makes a difference IF it RAINS a LOT where you are located, especially if the water can freeze in the arm. I have seen arms rusted up and broken because the arm was installed hanging down and the water collected in the motor or arm tube.
BryanSR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)