Justice Network Launching on Forum, Media-General Stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm too far north to receive any of the Media General Indianapolis stations other than WNDY-TV, which I actually receive an excellent signal from.

The rolling hills may be why. Here in Minneapolis our FOX & NBC are on VHF but since FOX owns KMSP (Fox9) and WFTC (My29 RF29) they actually have Fox on 2 different RF stations.
RF29
9-1 FOX 9 HD
9-2 MY 29 HD
9-3 Movies!
That station is fed throughout the state on translators

RF9
9-4 Buzzzr
9-9 FOX HD

So yes you can see Fox on 9-1 AND 9-9 if you have access. RF29 is more for folks with indoor antennas

I remember that cluster where VHF5 was the main and wasnt it RF50 was the translator? Then they made RF25 the "main" and RF5 the "translator" (and shut off 50).
[/QUOTE]
I'm lucky I leave at or close to sea level so I do not have an issue with rolling hills or the valley. However if KPLC, WBRZ, and WAFB were all on UHF like KATC and KALB, yeah I'd be a happy camper....

bummer. How much of the Indy stations can you get?
Well, I get WRTV (ABC/Laff/Escape), WTTK (CBS/Comet), WNDY (My/Bounce/CW), WXIN (FOX/Antenna/This), and WHMB (LeSea/WHT) fairly reliably. The only ones I don't get are WISH (CW/Weather/Justice), WTHR (NBC/COZI/MeTV), WFYI (PBS/V-Me/Create), WIPB (PBS/Create). I got a great signal from WTHR when it was on RF 46 during the transition, and then when they went to RF 13, I've barely been able to pull it in.

The WTTK signal seems like it's been weak lately, but maybe this is just the effect of winter weather.

I did buy a nicer antenna but haven't mounted it outside yet because it's too cold and snowy outside.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Well, I get WRTV (ABC/Laff/Escape), WTTK (CBS/Comet), WNDY (My/Bounce/CW), WXIN (FOX/Antenna/This), and WHMB (LeSea/WHT) fairly reliably. The only ones I don't get are WISH (CW/Weather/Justice), WTHR (NBC/COZI/MeTV), WFYI (PBS/V-Me/Create), WIPB (PBS/Create). I got a great signal from WTHR when it was on RF 46 during the transition, and then when they went to RF 13, I've barely been able to pull it in.

The WTTK signal seems like it's been weak lately, but maybe this is just the effect of winter weather.

I did buy a nicer antenna but haven't mounted it outside yet because it's too cold and snowy outside.
I assume you get WLFI 18 out of Lafayette too?

you might have to help me with this but I guess what your saying I could get a smaller vhf antenna or two point both in different directions and connect them together into the pre amp....
in theory (and depending on how complex you want it to get) you can set up multiple band antennas in multiple directions and combine them how you want. Thinking on what you can pick up (and reading your posts) me personally (again this is my opinion...and I have the equipment available already) would set up a VHF only at Lake Charles (KPLC), a VHF at Baton Rouge (the 2 VHF's there) and your existing UHF for the locals and whatever else you can get from BR. Now depending on what you watch more on VHF (the BR stations or KPLC) I would combine that antenna and the UHF into the combiner you have. The other VHF would have its own booster setup. I don't know what you have to record the channels (if anything) but I have 2 Tivo's. So using my equipment as you can see form the (very crude) picture attached one Tivo would get KPLC & the "locals" off UHF. The other Tivo gets Baton Rouge and the "locals" also.

If you only have one recording option you can always put the other antenna directly into the TV or use an A/B switch. Again there is a multitude of options. If you wish to discuss it further, I suggest a new thread (not to derail this one about Justice Network)

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: localclassictvfan
I remember that cluster where VHF5 was the main and wasnt it RF50 was the translator? Then they made RF25 the "main" and RF5 the "translator" (and shut off 50).
[/QUOTE]
Yes, I think that's right, although I'm not sure about the details as it pre-dates my switch from satellite to OTA. I'm sure there will be more such musical chairs in the coming years as stations change frequencies for the repack and the move to ATSC 3.0...

I assume you get WLFI 18 out of Lafayette too?
You'd think I would, but haven't had much luck. Then again, I've mainly been using indoor UHF antennas, and WLFI is on RF 11. I suspect if I put my antenna outside that might help. Once it warms up some, that's on my list. I did get WLFI a few times with some "rabbit ears" LOL.

You'd think I would, but haven't had much luck. Then again, I've mainly been using indoor UHF antennas, and WLFI is on RF 11. I suspect if I put my antenna outside that might help. Once it warms up some, that's on my list. I did get WLFI a few times with some "rabbit ears" LOL.
oh ok. Thought maybe you had an outdoor setup

Yes, I think that's right, although I'm not sure about the details as it pre-dates my switch from satellite to OTA. I'm sure there will be more such musical chairs in the coming years as stations change frequencies for the repack and the move to ATSC 3.0...
yeah I verified on wiki

WTVF shut down its analog signal, over VHF channel 5, on June 12, 2009, the official date in which full-power television stations in the United States transitioned from analog to digital broadcasts under federal mandate. The station's digital signal relocated from its pre-transition UHF channel 56, which was among the high band UHF channels (52-69) that were removed from broadcasting use as a result of the transition, to its analog-era VHF channel 5 for post-transition operations.[15][16]

On July 6, 2009, the station filed an application to operate a low-powered digital translator on UHF channel 50,

On September 7, 2012, WTVF relocated its main digital signal to UHF channel 25; it also shut down its UHF fill-in translator on channel 50 and converted its former full-power operations on VHF channel 5 to a fill-in translator to serve the far fringes of the station's viewing area

per a couple reports
KTMJ-CD DT2 43-2 Topeka, KS and
WLAJ-DT3 53-3 Lansing, MI will launch Justice soon

Both are MG stations

Not sure when it launched, but JusticeTV is on WIAT 42.3 in Birmingham. That had previously been a WIAT Weather channel, but I was flipping through Friday and notified the JusticeTV logo on there now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)