Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just a warning to those of you who got a JVC plug and play radio...

I went out for a ride friday night and came home, and forgot to turn my radio off (my cigerrette lighter does not shut off when the car is off) when I went out to use my truck on Monday morning, the battery was DEAD.

It looks like the JVC uses a lot of power compaired to my XM SkyFi unit as I leave my SkyFi on usually 24 / 7 in the truck.

So remember if you have a JVC to turn it off when your not using it. :)

My car will shut off the power outlets when the key isn't in the ignition. I usually leave mine in the car hooked up at work. I've never had a problem with it draining the battery.

There is an option for autoshutdown in the time function settings. The max allowed is one hour. I have a Chevy Minivan that does the same thing.

I never thought twice about it. My saturn Ion shuts off the radio and cig lighters when I shut the car off and open the door. Works out well. The only drawback is that i get 3 secons of static when I turn the car back on.. and i'm half deaf as it is and have the volume turned up loud.

Yeah, I have about the same time of static too. What I have noticed is even with the audio turned up all the way on the JVC I have to turn my radio up more to hear it than I do for FM/AM radio.

I had that problem with the FM transmission as well. But, now with the cassette adaptor, not only is the sound exponentially better, I have the JVC volume set down on either the 2nd or 3rd dot, and still have to turn my radio down from where I usually have it set for FM radio, otherwise it's too loud. :)

And with the cassette adaptor, the sound quality sounds just as good as any cd that I ever played with my portable cd player.

Now if there was a way that I could get traffic reports for Denver, I'd be in heaven with this.

I've got an older factory radio (like 2 years older) that would fit in my car that is just an AM/FM/Cassette. Very tempting. I need to get a radio with aux inputs. :)

If you guys would have read the instruction booklet, you guys would have seen that it recommends that you unplug it from the lighter before turning your car off. (sarcasim), :p

I never really noticed my power outlet not powering when off until Scott posted this warning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)