JVI 10-Signaloc Satellite Signal Meter?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BubahJim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Bluefield, VA
Hi Guys!

Got a short question for the group. I noticed that the JVI 10-Signaloc Satellite signal meter is on sale. Has anyone used this meter and what is your overall impressions of it verses other similar type meters?

Thanks as always for the help.

Bubahjim:

I noticed it at the Sadoun site on sale, too.
There was no manual posted, so I didn't follow up.

From the picture posted, it appears to use LED bar graphs instead of a real meter.
That makes it more sturdy, but a little more difficult to use.

It can apparently apply tone for testing Universal LNBs.
Another plus, but so could your receiver.

And, it will power the LNB with internal NiCd battery pack.
Again, so will your receiver.

I have several of the cheap standard meters, and sometimes use them two-at-a-time for aligning Twin LNBs.
You swing the dish around looking for both meters to peak at the same place in the sky.

It is a good meter and the reasone we have it on sale, because it is a discontinued item. We used to sell it for $119. We are offering the lower price to reduce our inventory on this meter. Qty is limited.

I will see if we can post the manual online. I haven't had any complaints from people using it. As any dumb meter, it will not tell you which satellite you are on. It will only measure the signal strength. It is an excellent tool for peaking the signal and very helpful if you are installing or moving your dish quite often (i.e. RV users).

I have one very similar to this, and love it !

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Perfect/JVI_10-DSM1_Dual_Signal_Meter.htm

it is great for times when you want to aim two lnb;s at once, like torodials where you want to aim the outside lnb's at the same time.

it also tests 18/13v, 22khz, and current, this is a really handy feaure I use on starchoice setups all the time. I can attach my meter to the ird, tell the ird to goto right polarity or left polarity and the meter shows me with an led what voltage im on, and with the meter, the exact voltage that the ird is outputing.

I then test 22khz on and 22khz off, the meter shows me with the led what tone is there or not there.

I then attache the ird and the lnb and can test the current, this is nice for especially long runs of coax, or also if Im worried there may be a short in the coax.

what I like is the meter can be used in conjunction with an ird as described, or without an ird as it has its own battery pack. so you can aim a dish without the ird, get the dish setup, then add the ird into the mix later. this comes in real handy, as Im not allways the one installing the ird, just the dish sometimes.

its a little more then you were origonally looking at, but its something worth looking at.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)