Katrina area technicians

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barnburner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2005
We are trying to locate all Bruister & Associates installation technicians in south Mississippi and Louisianna. We want to know they are ok and let them know options are available to relocated them and their families to unaffected Bruister locations where work is available. These areas have been totally devasted by Hurricane Katrina. If you know any of these technicians in the coastal areas that work for Bruister, please have them contact 1-800-522-3859. Even if they are not interested in work, please let us know they are ok. A contact email address is bruisterhr@bellsouth.net

Thanks

Mike McKelvaine
HR Manager
Bruister & Associates

damaged said:
Nice trap to get directv/your employees to rat themselves out?

Trying to get them to rat themselves over what? that my friend is a ludacris response to a serious sitiuation in Miss. and LA. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the affected areas, not only B&A employees but everyone. It is a sad situation for us ALL

Well, if they called, they still couldn't guarantee 100% that they saw it on this board, however, the only post that barnburner has commented on was the union one......

fkostyn said:
Well, if they called, they still couldn't guarantee 100% that they saw it on this board, however, the only post that barnburner has commented on was the union one......

I believe B&A is only wanting to get the word out that Technicians in the affected areas do have options. Some of them may not have homes to go back to. This is genuine concern for employees living in the affected area. Not meant to flame by any means, but does it really matter that the only posts that barnburner has made were to the union message?

dragontat002 said:
I believe B&A is only wanting to get the word out that Technicians in the affected areas do have options. Some of them may not have homes to go back to. This is genuine concern for employees living in the affected area. Not meant to flame by any means, but does it really matter that the only posts that barnburner has made were to the union message?

You are right, the subject of this thread has nothing to do with the union issue. Anyone thinking so is very wrong. Barnburner is just trying to help out fellow employees and let them know the company is would like to help out by keeping them employed in other areas until thing return to some sort of normalcy in their home areas (which from what I understand will be quite a long time). It's tough enough to lose every material thing you have but it makes matters doubly worse to know that you don't have a job to go to anymore either.
I haven't talked about it with anyone in our office, but I can imagine Bruister itself suffered a healthy loss due to this hurricane. And I don't just mean the income from new installs, upgrades & service calls. They probably had some of their new company trucks damaged and possibly have damaged inventory in the New Orleans warehouse (if it is in a flooded area and/or hasn't been looted yet).
I just hope that the Gulf area techs are all dry & safe and get the chance to continue working for Bruister. It will be hard enough for them to rebuild their homes & lives as is, but without a job and benefits it would be nearly impossible.

exactly right uboatcmdr, when times like these come about, we all have to band together and help everyone out as best we can. as i said before, everyone affected is in my thoughts and prayers. we can work through this as a company and as a country.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts