Kaultronics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
I've been out of town working and will be for some time, unless the plug gets pulled. That being said, I've come across a 10 foot Kaultronics, mesh dish with a button hook feed. No time to get picture, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with this brand of dish. This one looks to be in decent shape. The kicker is that it will require a 900 mile round trip to get it, assuming I could make a deal on it. Is it worth a 900 mile round trip or not?

Thanks.

Let the following help make what the 'deal' should be. I'd like: FREE.
Let's see,, 900m@17mpg=52gal of gas. or ~$105 to $140. 1 night@$55 to $95 per. Food and bev ~$ 50(just a guess at the $/gal and lodging rates along the route) Seems a lot less then what they cost BITD. They were a fairly popular dish back then. And the build quality is IMHO better than tek2k's.
Estimating around 9 hrs to get there with a stop for food n fuel. Got enough time to take it down before food and a nights rest. Next morning load it and return. Then unload it and return the trailer. Start reassembly the following day.
It'd 'fill' a weekend. Would be better if you could have string tested it. Might 'look' good, but could it be warped? It'd be tempting if nothing's closer.

The Kaultronics brand was good. I agree with FaT Air, looks like a good catch, if in good shape. I would seriously consider it, if in need of the dish!

I've been out of town working and will be for some time, unless the plug gets pulled. That being said, I've come across a 10 foot Kaultronics, mesh dish with a button hook feed. No time to get picture, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with this brand of dish. This one looks to be in decent shape. The kicker is that it will require a 900 mile round trip to get it, assuming I could make a deal on it. Is it worth a 900 mile round trip or not?

Thanks.

bpalone, that's quite a trip for a dish. Nothing wrong with Kaultronics. I've used them. How far are you from West Virginia? I just came across two 10 footers this past weekend. One is a Perfect 10, which I sold and installed when I was in business, and I think the other is a 10 foot Unimesh. The Perfect 10 is still on the pole (That's the one I'm going to install), and the other is lying face up on the ground. Didn't get a chance to look it over real close yet, but I will let you know what kind of shape it's in when I get it checked out.

If it checks out OK, I'll let the people who have it know and put you onto it. Both were free just to get them out of their way. I look for C-Band dishes when I travel around. They're some nice ones around, but they are getting harder to find. I'll keep you posted. Oh, while I think of it, I know where there's a real nice 7 1/2 footer that's still on the pole. I think it's a Winegard and I'm almost certain I could get it for nothing as well. I haven't got up close and personal with this one either, but if you're interested I can check on that one. It's only about 10 miles from where I live.

I went 500 miles for a 10' perforated on an AJAK for $50 once. In the middle of a winter storm.:eek But never regretted that one. ;)
Go get it! Once you have it it's all academic whether it was worth it or not, you have it :)

WVMAN... I am lot farther than 900 miles from West Virginia. :) If I were to tear it down all the way, I could haul it in my VW diesel with the rear seats laid down. So, the main thing is time, day to it and day home after taking it apart. Might just see if they will let it go and go from there. Will need to devise a plan for getting it off the pole so I can get it all apart.

Thanks for the feedback.

WVMAN... I am lot farther than 900 miles from West Virginia. :) If I were to tear it down all the way, I could haul it in my VW diesel with the rear seats laid down. So, the main thing is time, day to it and day home after taking it apart. Might just see if they will let it go and go from there. Will need to devise a plan for getting it off the pole so I can get it all apart.

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't realize you were that far away. I can see where it would be more advantageous to pursue the Kaultronics. I used to haul 7 1/2 foot dishes in my Plymouth Voyager, but 10 footers were just too large. The 10 footer I mentioned is off the pole, but I have not had time to examine the screen, and the 71/2 footer that's on the pole is visible from the highway I drive across once a week. If I get a moment this weekend, I may just drive to where the 7/1/2 footer is and see for sure if they're willing to let it go. Most of the people who still have BUD's around are usually willing to let them go just to get them out of their way. If possible, I'll try to work it in this weekend to check out the condition of both.

Thanks for the feedback.

bpalone, well, I checked out the 10 footer and the 7 1/2 foot dishes and found that the extra 10 footer I located wasn't in very good shape. It has 4 panels of screen punched out and one rib bent. The 7 1/2 footer I saw from the highway is being used. I was a little surprised to see the folks who has it is using it for FTA reception. I had a rather lengthy conversation with them about FTA and turned them on to this website. As it turns out, they weren't aware of some of the channels that has to be manually programmed, so I showed them where to get the PID's and how to program them into their receiver.

All in all, it was a nice day and made a couple new friends. I wish the other 10 footer had not been so badly abused. Never know when you might need another dish. Sorry for the dead end.

Where's it located? I'm going to Denver mid September. I'd haul it that far if it was on my way.

According to the coordinates in his avatar, he's in Wyoming! Heh! I'd bet that's a little more than 900 miles round trip to W Va.

Lone, you're right about that. I went to Rock Springs, Wyoming a couple years ago hunting and it was around 1800 miles one way from WV. I swore I'd never drive it again. If I go back, I'll fly next time. We nearly got stuck there when a snow storm came in from Idaho and dropped 2 1/2 feet of snow overnight. Gates were closed and we were on the wrong side of Rocky Mountains to travel in that kind of weather. I was glad we left a day early to avoid it.

I just left a note with the help this morning. We'll see if it bears any fruit or not. Thanks for the offer of hauling, but it is farther away from you than it is for me.

And, yes in Wyoming. We don't think much about driving 100 plus miles for a good meal. So, I shouldn't whine if the note bears fruit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts