KBS ( 9850 ) and international migration to 118.7?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sunelec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Jackson, Michigan
KBS is currently on both 61.5 and 118.7. Since it is considered a Public Interest Channel, does anybody know, will it be left on both satellites or in the future will it be on just 118.7?

No one knows as of the last time this was asked. Ditto EuroNews and JapanTV (Though not PI, are only on 61.5 and 118)

No matter what signal is it on, tons of viewers will continue getting this channel.

???? Virtually no one or an extreme few, who are not an international subscriber has the 118 sat. None of those channels mentioned are available on the Western Arc. So even now there are tons of people who do not get those channels. It would be limited to an very very few if they go to 118 only.

???? Virtually no one or an extreme few, who are not an international subscriber has the 118 sat. None of those channels mentioned are available on the Western Arc. So even now there are tons of people who do not get those channels. It would be limited to an very very few if they go to 118 only.
Lucky for me I happen to be one of those extreme few.:D Seriously though, if those channels are considered to be PI channels, Dish should move them somewhere else beside 118. Then again this is Dish we're talking about. Who knows what the heck they are thinking these days.

Only the KBS channel is a PI channel, which was the OP's original question. But it is an international channel also, only available on the EA and 118, so the question is valid, will it stay on the EA with the migration of international channels all being on 118. I added the other two, though not PI, because they too are only on the EA, and 118, and they both can be considered international channels.

I am thinking ahead and that is what precipitated my original question. I now get KBS from 61.5 and I am just curious if in the future I will have to change my dish setup to get 118.7. I guess at this point it is unpredictable what Dishnet will do. So we'll just have to wait and see and adjust at that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts