KCAL HD Any Ideas When?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

marathon_1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Orange County, CA
Watching Lakers game tonight and k-cal mentioned sometime in Feb they will be broadcasting in HD. Apparently it will be on Time Warner. Anybody here about Dish?

Not saying it won't, but probably won't happen. Dish is really only committed to carrying the big 4. A few adds and ends are picked up in various markets, but they are usually sister stations to one of the majors. KTLA would be a must before KCAL.

S~

KCAL (OTA) is finally using HD? I remember over a year ago when they'd show on Sunday's for an hour a show called *to the max* (or some IMAX based film) in HD. It was the only thing they showed in HD. I'm not a laker/basketball fan but it's about time they show them in HD, maybe we'll get baseball in HD if they still carry it.

I would have to agree, KTLA-5-CW-WB-HD (the longest name and biggest on-screen bug I've ever seen) should be the next priority for E* to carry.

KCAL (OTA) is finally using HD? I remember over a year ago when they'd show on Sunday's for an hour a show called *to the max* (or some IMAX based film) in HD. It was the only thing they showed in HD. I'm not a laker/basketball fan but it's about time they show them in HD, maybe we'll get baseball in HD if they still carry it.

I would have to agree, KTLA-5-CW-WB-HD (the longest name and biggest on-screen bug I've ever seen) should be the next priority for E* to carry.

Yes. Lakers home games are now in HD on KCAL. Not sure how long it has been going on for but it's a fairly recent development, I believe.

Also, Clipper games on KTLA are in HD.

Both feeds look very good because they are OTA (provided you get a good signal, which I do :)).

The only real SD pain left is when they show games on FSN. That channel looks like crap most of the time.

Wish I could I live in a hole and unless I install a tower, I can't pickup a thing via OTA

You could get "lifeline" cable service. That is a level of service cable does not like to advertise, but, by law, they must offer it. It is a very low rate (around $6 to $10 or more per month) where they must provide all locals, including locals in HD. Some cable companies even provide additional channels. Call your local cable company and ask about the "lifeline" service, and let us know what happens.

You could get "lifeline" cable service. That is a level of service cable does not like to advertise, but, by law, they must offer it. It is a very low rate (around $6 to $10 or more per month) where they must provide all locals, including locals in HD. Some cable companies even provide additional channels. Call your local cable company and ask about the "lifeline" service, and let us know what happens.

Anybody in South OC, (Aliso Veijo, CA) in cox area have lifeline cable, if so how much does it costs and what hd channels do you get.

And you will also need a QAM tuner to use it.

I replied to a post about "most basic cable" in the cable tv forum I think. I couldn't remember where I had seen this thread but I posted about the "lifeline" service there.

I posted about what Time Warner told me in the L.A. locals area at the following thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=87775

Hope the link works if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts