Keep losing connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

floridastatenolefan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Florida
My HD Turbo dish keep losing connection to my receiver. As long as the receiver is on all is fine once connected. The problem is, sometimes overnight, sometimes after a day or two, I'll turn the receiver on but there will be no signal (eventually complete signal loss will come up). Usually I just take the line loose at the connection coupler on the house, reconnect and it obtains signal and reloads the programming guide. I've also gotten it to reconnect by unplugging the power at the receiver for 10 seconds. The wiring from the end of the house to the receiver has been there for at least 12-15 years. The wiring from the end of the house to the dish is only a couple of years old. Think I need to run new coax or is it something else?

Thanks

You keep referring to end of house. Where/What is it in relation to the 1. Dish and, 2. Receiver? Regardless, the "coupler" would be my first suspect. Could you run new coax to eliminate it?

My receiver is near the southwest end of the house. The dish is at the NE corner. There is a connection block on the north end of the house. The coax runs from the connection block to the receiver. There is a cable from the dish to the connection block. I can rerun the cable, but it will be a pain. I was going to change out the coupler or whatever its called, but when I unscrew the cable (going to the receiver) it's stuck inside the coupler. Like you say, that may be the problem. Not sure why it's stuck. I've been afraid to pull too hard that it may break and no slack there to replace the end.

Sure sounds like a coax problem. How far is the run of the coax to the receiver. If relatively long it may need to be in optimal condition to work, any degradation loses the signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts