Keep networks and switch to HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

derek20la

Original poster
May 1, 2005
Hi. I've been trying to find an answer to this for awhile, but maybe I'm not searching well enough, or maybe no one else has discussed it yet. But I currently have America's Everything Pak with Los Angeles locals, in addition to grandfathered New York distants because I live outside the grade B contour of the LA stations. I was thinking of upgrading to HDTV with the vip 622 receiver, and with the DishHD Platinum package. If I switched packages, would I lose my distant networks? Or would I be able to keep them since they're basically just an add-on to my existing package.
Thanks!

Derek

your change the america's everything pack to hd platinum, your distants wouldn't be affected.

:welcome to the site

garys said:
I am in the NY dma and have LA for distant networks. When I upgraded to Platnum HD pack, I kept both and got NY LiL HD as well.

I'm in a 180 situation from you. I'm in the LA DMA, grandfathered into NY distants. I had to make "the choice" a year or so ago and I gave up my locals in order to keep my NY stand def distant nets. I would love to have both again. How did you do it?

Of course, the ultimate best case scenario would be to have NY and LA in high def.

Several of my customers currently have New York distant networks. Upgrading to HD with 622, we are being told that we can only get CBS HD and not ABC or NBC. How can DirecTV give all 3 to their customers, and Dish cannot??????

vidmanjohn said:
Several of my customers currently have New York distant networks. Upgrading to HD with 622, we are being told that we can only get CBS HD and not ABC or NBC. How can DirecTV give all 3 to their customers, and Dish cannot??????

D* started adding HD locals earlier than E* did. E* seems to want to give as many HD locals as they can before offering distant HD locals. I had heard June/July for them to be offered, but things change alot so I wouldn't count on anything before any kind of announcement.

vidmanjohn said:

It's not cannot - it's WILLnot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts