Keeping Recordings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kadex

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
White Pigeon, MI
First, sorry if this has been asked before and have no idea what to do a search for. I'll be getting the HR10-250 next weekend. I know I'll be recording shows that I would like to keep. Is there a way to transfer the recording to a DVD with the HR? Like an S-video on the HR or something to hook up to a DVD Recorder?

Thanks

Kadex said:
Is there a way to transfer the recording to a DVD with the HR? Like an S-video on the HR or something to hook up to a DVD Recorder?

Thanks
Yes you can off- load your recordings to a VCR(do they still make those things?)
or a DVD burner, but only after changing the resolution to 480i...you can't
save your H/D recordings in H/D. The only video out is in 480i(no hacking talk please on video extraction etc.) If you choose S-video, you will also have to make
available audio connections as well, which could be a problem, as the HR-10-250
only has one set(other than optical) of audio outputs.

That will work, not too much important if it's in HD or not. I'll be playing them in my upconverting DVD player anyway. Thanks for the info.

for audio you can use a cheapo radioshack distribution amp. I had 2 laying around and they accomodate S vid and audio 1 in to 4 outputs. I use them to hook up both my HDtivos to my dvd burner while enabling both to be piped to other rooms also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts