Kenny Rogers --- Cheater? YES/NO your opinion...

It's so obvious that he was cheating. Any substance on the hand of a pitcher will allow him to grab the ball better and add more movement to the ball. What is MLB gonna do now? I hope they suspend him.

If MLB does nothing they are as guilty as he is... They will be a laughing stock to what is considered the most sacred series of baseball...

According to ESPN video and Fox Video the strange "substance" in Kenny's hand looks like pine tar. According to what they want us to believe it was just "dirt" but it did not look like "dirt" but more like pine tar. According to baseball rules, the UMPIRE and Tony LaRussa blew the call. Kenny Should have been removed from the game and even though he pitched well after the brown substance was removed and not completely, does not preclude him as breaking the Rule.

Kenny isn't smart-enough to cheat. You ought to know that, he proved it in 96-97.

Besides, they called him on it after the 1st inning and the Cards were helpless all night. Not an issue.

If George Brett couldn't have too much pinetar on his bat, then how in the world is Kenny"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" Rogers allowed to have pinetar on his hand. It wasn't dirt or whatever he claimed to have on his hand, it was pinetar. How in the world can baseball turn a blind eye to this blantant violation of baseball ethics and rules. Oh, we'll just look the other way and pretend nothing happened. "Mr. rogers, could you please just go wash that "dirt" off your hands." said the umpire. what an absolute crock and another black eye for baseball. But then again from a sport that can't even get control of the steriod problem. This I would have to say that Kenny Rogers did infact cheat. end of rant!

0077774600453_m.jpg

maybe that is why they call him the gambler??? :D
He not only looks different after his plastic surgery, but he can pitch too.:rolleyes:

Jayson Starks:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2006/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2635633

When a pitcher who, a mere three weeks ago, was carrying around the highest career postseason ERA in the history of baseball then goes and spins off his 23rd consecutive scoreless October inning, you want to tell the world how he finally rewrote the script of his lifetime.
Mr. Stark's analysis might actually hold water if it weren't for Rogers then pitching another 7 innings of 1 hit ball after washing his hands. Sorry, but this guy is just pitching his arse off. Of course, it could be all those anabolic steroids...:rolleyes:

He did pitch a hell of a game but he shouldn't have been allowed to even pitch the game.

"Rule 8.02 of the good book (baseball's official rules) forbids the pitcher to "Have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance. For such infraction of this section (b) the penalty shall be immediate ejection from the game."

If George Brett couldn't have too much pinetar on his bat, then how in the world is Kenny"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" Rogers allowed to have pinetar on his hand. It wasn't dirt or whatever he claimed to have on his hand, it was pinetar. How in the world can baseball turn a blind eye to this blantant violation of baseball ethics and rules. Oh, we'll just look the other way and pretend nothing happened. "Mr. rogers, could you please just go wash that "dirt" off your hands." said the umpire. what an absolute crock and another black eye for baseball. But then again from a sport that can't even get control of the steriod problem. This I would have to say that Kenny Rogers did infact cheat. end of rant!
Rufus, what proof do you have that it was pine tar? Your incredible assertion is not supported by any fact. Waiting..........tapping foot..........whistling dixie..........:rolleyes:

Rufus, what proof do you have that it was pine tar? Your incredible assertion is not supported by any fact. Waiting..........tapping foot..........whistling dixie..........:rolleyes:

actually in a situation like this, we dont need to prove its pine tar, kenny needs to prove its not, especially since tape has been reviewd and this isnt the first time he has had it on his hand, so riffjim what proof do you have it wasnt pine tar? your incredible assertion is not supported by any fact. waiting.......tapping foot.....whisitling dixie........ :)

and to all the people who say he isnt cheating.....what other proof do you want? have you not seen the pictures from OTHER games, that he has the same brown stuff on his hand in the same location? I really dont think that you can do that with dirt, and have it be on the same exact spot. Just look at the pictures, and look at the facts that Kenny's story is the ONLY one that dosent match up....and he is the ONLY one denying that the ump asked him to wash his hands.

well im from st louis and a cardinal fan, so what i have to say is as useless as what the tiger fans have to say. but what is not useless is what you can see with your eyes, the photos you put up sean are amazing. "dirt" on the same part of his hand. BS !!and what he had to say after the game shows that he is not only a cheat but a liar too, thats proven with audio! he said umps wanted him to slow down , my ass!! steve palarimo(?) the ump supervisior said it was to wash his hands. my god, im not thinking right im so pissed!
in looking around you come to know rogers has a history of this. ok hell with this he is a cheater and a liar( and foul mouthed)
i would like to ask a question, tiger and cardinal fans , well of course you can reply but dont need to, i think i know what your anwser will be, fans in other cities, do you think rogers still had tar on him after the second inning??
did you hear mccarvers remarks about rogers never talking off his glove, and shaking hands with his glove. notice underneath his the bill of his cap was darker then other tigers? dark blue for him, grey for the rest??
as pissed off as i am about this i more mad at our manager!! why did he not ask the ump to check on him?? i hope and pray it was not becaues his good buddy is there manager . not saying that is the reason, but, if it is FIRE HIM. and i like tony, think he is a great manager. damn i sound like oliver stone!!
sorry for the rant, but would like to know what you think about him having tar the whole game?

Last edited:
He did pitch a hell of a game but he shouldn't have been allowed to even pitch the game.

"Rule 8.02 of the good book (baseball's official rules) forbids the pitcher to "Have on his person, or in his possession, any foreign substance. For such infraction of this section (b) the penalty shall be immediate ejection from the game."
Facts in evidence: The umpiring crew observed the substance as being dirt. "The umpiring crew could certainly tell the difference between dirt and, say, pine tar. This is not their first summer away from home." In other words, more than 100 years of umpiring experience on the field concluded that the substance was merely dirt, and nothing more. Again, these are substantive facts of the matter.

Facts being concocted out of thin air: Some people sitting hundreds, if not thousands of miles away, somehow know more and see more than the umps on the field. Again, these are merely unsubstantiated, biased, observations that lack credibility.

Conclusions:

1. Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed Kennedy...there was no conspiracy.
2. The U.S. Government did not fire a missile into the Pentagon on 9/11...there is no cover up.
3. Big-fat Elvis is dead...and pushing up daisies for almost 30 years.
4. There was no pine tar on Kenny Rogers hand...again, there is no conspiracy.
5. HD-Lite has a way of playing tricks on the eyes...yes, Big Conspiracy and Rip-Off going on here!:(

probably not pine tar but medical ointment

Yes Network and ESPN Radio is reporting the illegal substance Rogers seemingly had on his hand is the same substance wide receivers sometimes use and the stuff Drs. use around wounds and incisions in hositals, that even after being washed off some residual sticky stuff remains, I respect Palermo, great baseball guy, he was the ump that was shot years ago trying to prevent an arned robbery but come on...MLB doesn't want to address this! Out of sight out of mind, weak if you ask me. True - most competitors are looking for that edge but he's a jerk just look at the video of him sucker punching or pushing, what ever it was, the camera man not too long ago. Baseball doesn't need a 21st century Gaylord Perry.

Facts in evidence: The umpiring crew observed the substance as being dirt. "The umpiring crew could certainly tell the difference between dirt and, say, pine tar. This is not their first summer away from home." In other words, more than 100 years of umpiring experience on the field concluded that the substance was merely dirt, and nothing more. Again, these are substantive facts of the matter.

Facts being concocted out of thin air: Some people sitting hundreds, if not thousands of miles away, somehow know more and see more than the umps on the field. Again, these are merely unsubstantiated, biased, observations that lack credibility.

Conclusions:

2. The U.S. Government did not fire a missile into the Pentagon on 9/11...there is no cover up.
5. HD-Lite has a way of playing tricks on the eyes...yes, Big Conspiracy and Rip-Off going on here!:(

actually what they saw was dirt, because if you watched the game, you would have seen he put dirt on his hand, as evidenced by it starting out shiny, and really thin, then in the second inning he had a CLUMP of dirt on his palm...sorry, but he cheated plain and simple....if it was dirt, why would he lie about the umps asking him to wash his hand.

Conclusions:

OK, so you're saying that what the umpires saw was dirt? You've got to be kidding me! Whatever it was, sh*t, gravy, dirt, pine tar, it was a foreign substance and he should've been ejected.

It really dosent matter, because as soon as he cleaned his hands he started pitching BETTER.

You would have something if his pitching went down the hill after he cleaned his hands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts