Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

large satellite dish (Rootstown) Ohio
"Large satellite antenna needs to go"
<Listed under FREE>
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/zip/5575575566.html

ohio.jpg

Satellite Dish 8 1/2 foot C/Ku Digital - $200 (Quakertown) Pennsylvania
"... I have the dish, the polar mount, all with new bolts. A new digital LNBF that does full C and full Ku 10.6 to 12.75 Ghz and 3 to 4.2 Ghz
New VBOX and new actuator arm ... I even have the steel pole to mount this. The pole cost me 150.00 on its own. The upgraded LNBF, VBOX and actuator arm cost me another 150.00. The dish I bought for 100.00 but had to put all new bolts into it and sand it and prime it...."
"... I also have a Ku 1.2 Meter solid dish, that I will sell separate. I paid 150.00 for that. Make me an offer if interested...

<Bold emphasis is mine.More text on the listing>
https://allentown.craigslist.org/ele/5584972179.html

penn.jpg

10' MESH SATELLITE DISH w/DRIVE MOTOR - $25 (Binghamton) New York
"I have a 10' ALUMINUM MESH SATELLITE TRACKING RECEIVER DISH that I no longer use. It has all the remote electronics and operates fine for motorized tracking if that is what you want. Some people just want them for scrap value. Either way I will sell the whole setup for $25. You remove... "

https://binghamton.craigslist.org/ele/5568569604.html
newyork.jpg

Looks like a Birdview Perf (orated) with a HtoH mount

Ah...Perf makes sense.Looking at the banged up outer rim,I thought it was some kind of mesh that was coming loose on the rim.Couldn't figure out how mesh would keep its shape without support rings.

That must be some pretty stout perforated metal.

Got the photos and waiting to talk with the gentleman later this evening. Hasn't moved in years and don't want him to try until the motor and mount can be serviced. Definitely the same dish as Anole scored, but this mount has declination adjustment. Likely a later model when dishes were tracking more than 5 or 6 sats.

A late spring heavy snow storm already has dumped 18" and has I-80 at a crawl with chains required through the Sierra's. Weather is supposed to last a few days. Probably will head over only with the 4x4 F-350 so not to mess with drag chains on the trailer. A 8' will haul nicely on the bed rails.

ea11b8c6794bea467fb4c80d7923456e.jpg

0d23d273a5bd0847ec27d3334adfd51d.jpg

Last edited:
Got the photos and waiting to talk with the gentleman later this evening. Hasn't moved in years and don't want him to try until the motor and mount can be serviced. Definitely the same dish as Anole scored, but this mount has declination adjustment. Likely a later model when dishes were tracking more than 5 or 6 sats.

A late spring heavy snow storm already has dumped 18" and has I-80 at a crawl with chains required through the Sierra's. Weather is supposed to last a few days. Probably will head over only with the 4x4 F-350 so not to mess with drag chains on the trailer. A 8' will haul nicely on the bed rails.

Cool,hope you get it.Be careful on the long,snowy drive!

I remember this declination adjustment on late model AJAK HH mounts that I serviced and am sure that it was OEM. Too widespread to have been aftermarket. The early model units did not have declination adjustments and were usually shimmed if any attempt was made to account for declination.
Of course you will need to start a new thread for a picture documentary on the new Titanium AMCI/AJAK restoration project. I know you won't be painting it blue. ;) But it will be a fun read regardless :)

Right now I'm seeing blue…

Spoke to the owner and he would like to see about 10% of his 1995 original purchase price. I offered $100 if he would help me load on the truck. Left the conversation open as another person had called about the dish a few days ago. We'll see if the other guy calls back or if other offers are received. He'll get back to me in about a week if still available. Didn't want to offend the gentleman with talking down the dish as we both know it was a quality unit and not many around.

The AMCI shop was located next to his business in Carson Nevada for 3 or 4 years. AMCI pressed their own dishes and sourced the AJAK HH. The shop was supposedly run by a few guys that likely did more harm than good as the owner traveled the western states selling the dishes and local installs.

Very interesting talking with the seller and wish him the best in finding a good home. Hope that home eventually can be the roof of my business! :)