Kiss off Dish!

Seriously, go without tv. Get off the couch and enjoy the outside life. You remind of customers that just can't live without tv or have to have the most lastest thing out there. HD is so over-rated and just a bunch of crap. I see better picture quality on sd than hd. I mean jesus, for that much extra and you only get 30 or so hd channels.

Im done
Huh? Your cluelessness is comical. :D
Thanks for the laugh. :p

I've got 2 622's and a 721 (currently, I go all the way back to 7x00's).

The 622 is BY FAR the best receiver/DVR I have had in the time I've been with Dish (1998 or so).

If I could afford it, I'd buy a 3rd 622 and kill off the 721.

just my US$0.02 worth.

LER

Well, after all the drama, I've had a moment of clarity:

If I want to send the most effective message to Dish of my complete dissatisfaction with their service, I will probably request a cancellation of my contract, and pay any service fees. To hell with them.

Honestly that is probably what they want you to do.

They have tried sending you new boxes and have tried fixing your problems but to no avail.

Sometimes a company just needs to cut their losses and make the customer leave. There is only so much hand holding they can do.

Who knows what the problem is, it could be something stupid like a buzz in your electrical current or not enough (or too much) voltage. It could be heat, humidity. These are all factors which can cause the issues you are having.

Out of all the DVR's on the market the 622 has been the most stable out of any of them. I am VERY happy with my 622's, as are most other SatelliteGuys members. The folks who had problems with their units were taken care of and are also enjoying the 622's. I wish I had an answer for you why you were having so many issues.

The folks who had problems with their units were taken care of and are also enjoying the 622's. I wish I had an answer for you why you were having so many issues.
Thanks, Scott, for your compassion and understanding. But I'm wondering why everyone thinks this is purely a "box" issue - I think I've been very clear that the technical issues are only part of my complaints: what about the down-rezzed HD channels, the lack of picture quality is quite apparent on my 8' screen. What about the disparity between what I can get with other service providers and Dish with the same monthly costs?

See, if it was purely an issue with the box, I'd work through it, as I have in the past - and that's not always been professionally handled by Dish either. But when I decided to sit down, after a night of unending frustration of rebooting, dropouts, and macro-blocking, and work the numbers, Dish came up short every single time.

If the PQ issues were really happening we wuld be flooded with posts about it (as we have been in the past) while the PQ from Dish (and DirecTV) are not perfect, they are not too bad.

I also say they will get better in time. (especialy when they move to all MPEG4.)

If the PQ issues were really happening we wuld be flooded with posts about it (as we have been in the past) while the PQ from Dish (and DirecTV) are not perfect, they are not too bad.

I also say they will get better in time. (especialy when they move to all MPEG4.)

I 100% agree. And I have an 8' screen like the original poster... 110" diagonal. It isn't perfect, but it is still better than D* looked on the same setup about a year ago. TWC looked better in my area, but they have about 1/3 the HD channels so I deal with the PQ not being perfect in hope they will have it fixed in the fairly near future.

Update: FIOS in in the house. :D
Since I've been a FIOS Internet/phone customer for two years, my router was replaced. This required the running of coax to my loft where my office/computer is, because that's where the CAT5 run from the OT box ends. Other than that, the install was fairly smooth although it seems to me that it takes a loooooong time for all channels/program guide to load into the receivers.

(I find it interesting that the program guide is sent via CAT5, processed in the router, and then sent out via coax to the receivers. What advantage does this provide?)

Bottom line: My expectations as to picture quality have been surpassed WOOHOO.
SD: What a difference from the washed out blur provided by Dish! HD: equal to OTA quality. I did side-by-side comparisons with a local HD news broadcast. On both my 34" HD direct view Sony CRT and the 8' 1080p 004 in the theater, I simply could not tell a difference between the FIOS rebroadcast and OTA. And I'm picky (DUH!)

The interface is different, and will take some getting use to. The program grid is weaker than Dish's and the Favorites implementation is poor. But the remote is well laid out, and bright and colorful. In due time, Dish's very slight advantage in this area will be forgotten as I watch one of the best pictures available today.

BTW, the tech from Dish (sub) today removed my two dishes from my roof, removed all connected coax, and hauled it away. He smiled when I told him I have FIOS installed. "Everyone wants it," he said with a wink. Dish is sending me a box to return my 622. I'll try to sell the 501 (real cheap), and the one dish with the dual horns.

It sounds like the next big thing in video is going to be FIOS if the installer is saying that everyone wants it. So cable was big in the 70s , Big sat dishes in the 80s , small sat dishs in the 90s and now FIOS today. DISH and Directv better get a move on and improve their picture quality and hd choices or they will be soon at a disadvantage.

It sounds like the next big thing in video is going to be FIOS if the installer is saying that everyone wants it. So cable was big in the 70s , Big sat dishes in the 80s , small sat dishs in the 90s and now FIOS today. DISH and Directv better get a move on and improve their picture quality and hd choices or they will be soon at a disadvantage.

Problem with FIOS is that everyone won't be having it available. If you're in a Verizon service area at least you have a chance that one day the fiber will be going down the street, but your SOL if you're in a AT&T or QWEST serviced area. Even if you're in a Verizon served area there will be areas that won't be seeing FIOS for a loooooong time, not cost effective to install the infrastructure in small rural towns/area which Verizon got when they purchased GTE.

Boy I guess I must be one of the lucky ones. I've been a Dish customer since 96 and I cant remember ever having a problem except for a remote that took a crap for my 3000 receiver. I have had my 622 for about 3-4 months now and I think its a good receiver. I also think the HD pictures are great compared to the standard channels.

Oh well good luck in the future, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I have seen LOTS of people come back after they try another service then they cry because they cant get the "NEW" customer deals.
I guess I spoke to soon :(. I came home today from a weekend vacation and when I turned on the TV I was greeted with a "Hard Drive Failure" message. I did a hard reset and everything is fine now. But I'm sure I'm going to start having problems with it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts