Kmart buying Sears. Voom in Kmart?????

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Kmart has announced it is buying Sears. Does this mean we will see Voom in Kmart? This could be the widespread distribution Voom is Sorely lacking. Funny and it could be just dumb luck and more beneficial then anything that idiot Dolan has done for advertising on his own.

K-mart and sears are merging. Nothing about the stores are going to change. Still the same k-marts and sears.

I'm guessin' that this is a "merger" the same way Daimler and Chrysler "merged" -- basically that Sears is gonna be runnin' the show.

BFG said:
K-mart and sears are merging. Nothing about the stores are going to change. Still the same k-marts and sears.
True, for the most part...however, there will most certainly be some sharing of brand name items: K-Mart will pick-up certain lines of tools (Craftsman) and appliances (Kenmore) - Sears picks up Martha "I'm not a criminal" Stewart and Jacqueline Smith lines of clothings, etc. Also, warehousing, distribution centers, purchasing, etc. will most likely change to give them (hopefully) a competitive advantage.

Wow! If K-Mart starts selling VOOM, perhaps they can double, or even triple, the collective effort of Sears over the past year. Yep, perhaps they sign-up 2 or 3 more customers next year!

I was just in a K-Marts a few days ago looking for a walkman for the gym,they still have nothing as far as a HD set goes,since Wal-Mart has had them for about a year now maybe the Sears deal will help them catch up,but since this merger is said to be K-Marts buying Sears I do wonder.

Yeah, I'm sure the Kmart crowd will be ALL OVER Voom!

Yesterday I saw a Kmart ad that actually mentioned Martha Stewart! Going to jail! Everything must go!

They said on Fox News KMART bought SEARS, not Sears bought Kmart.. Not that i care i wouldn't buy crap from either of those stores. Sears has overpriced merchandise and Kmart stuff is just plain LOW QUALITY.

BFG said:

yeah.. that's why Martha made 30 million dollars the day of the announcement. yep.. same ol' same ol'

RBBrittain said:
Actually, it's more like Kmart running the show.
Yeah, I stand corrected. However, I don't understand how that's possible. :confused: For years all the talk around here is how Kmart is falling apart and going under and when they fold Michigan'll lose more jobs and the sky is falling and blah, blah, blah. Now all of a sudden Kmart is buying big-ass Sears? I don't get it. How bad off was Sears if they hafta turn to friggin' Kmart for help?

Oh, FWIW ... I shop at both of them. Actually have been to each today. Bought a workshirt and cooler at Kmart and an aluminum ladder at Sears. Sears is a much more pleasant shopping experience in my book.
Neither of them had work boots I liked. Ended up at Kohl's. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)