Knicks/Nuggets brawl/slapfest/chest-thumping contest

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheTimm

Made In Detroit
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so I started a thread. Anyone have any thoughts on the latest NBA disgrace?

My thoughts:

I love Carmelo Anthony's punch-an-run technique!:haha Dude threw his punch and then couldn't run away fast enough! Now there's a toughguy. :rolleyes:

While I agree with Isiah that the stars shouldn't have been in the game, he needs to just shut the hell up. Really, coach your any crappy team and don't make excuses for their idiocy -- I'm sure they'll be doing enough of that themselves.

I like the way the officials handled it -- just eject 'em all! Good work.

I hope Stern suspends everyone involved for like, a month or so -- and then gets creative. I'd like to see Anthony (nope, not gonna call him " 'Melo" -- his nickname privileges have been retracted) suspended until he stands there and takes a free punch from whoever it is he sucker punched. I mean, really? He's gonna punch the guy and then run away?!? Make the punishment fit the crime. One free punch. I'm not kidding.

i didnt get to see it but sounds like they should get some time off. i have now been confirmed that anthony is soft thought so since the playoffs a couple of years ago with the ankle issue.

I still think Isiah is the biggest coward in the history of basketball. He played like a coward putting his foot on top of his opponent just as they were going to jump for a shot, and then when the Bulls finally beat Detroit, he acts like a coward by having most of the team leave for the locker room before the game ends so he didn't have to congratulate Jordan.

Isiah is the one who instigated that fight by having Mardy Collins intentionally try to hurt J.R. Smith on that dunk attempt. He acts like he did nothing at all, but everyone knows that Isiah is a fraud, and has ruined the Knicks with his incompetence and cowardly acts.

House has this 1110% correct!

Isiah DID NOT remove his best scoring players either and still press; not giving up as it were; and Carl is trying to teach a young team that has let leads of 12 & 14 slip away and had not scored in many minutes.
Carl is 100% correct in his post game interviews and coupled with the fact Isiah issued a verbal threat (CAUGHT ON VIDEO TAPE) he should be outed from the league. This is also NOT the 1st time he has done this either.

He ruins everything he touches, he is the ultimate mgmt cancer. He is a TO in Isiah clothing! A two-faced crying little weasel. He knows his job time is VERY limited and he is trying to take people down with him.

And yes, Carmelo just showed himself to be what most of them are, cheap shot artists and run like a bitch.

Bwahahahaha!!!

:haha :haha :bounce :haha :haha

A columnist for the Detroit News said that from now on Carmelo Anthony should be known as ...

"Melo Yellow"!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

or was it "Yellow Melo"? :confused:
Either way, hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

From dictionary .com:

coward -noun 1. a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

I don't think I'd classify Isiah as a coward. In fact I'd say stepping on an opponent's foot as he's going up for a jumpshot is pretty ballsy -- since it's pretty much just asking to get your ass kicked.

And walking off the court instead of congratulating the Bulls was rude, childish, and just plain unsportsmanlike.... but cowardly? I don't see it. He's still taking crap for that -- the handshake woulda been the easier route.

So I'd agree with dirty, unsportsmanlike, rude, and childish but I'm not seeing the cowardice.

Melo Yellow punched a guy and then turned and ran. That's a coward. Isiah's just a jackass.

1. Isiah is a punk. Always has been, always will be. 2. If basketball keeps getting played in this fashion, I think they should remodel all of the basketball arenas with cement courts, a rim without a net, and broken bottles on the courts as a distraction. It could be marketed by the NBA as: "Gettin'Back to the Basics" Instread of coaches, you'd have parole officers. I think it would work. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)