"Known issue"? But no mention of it here...

The k is a little newer then the non k version, but it is virtually the same(in performance). It has a slightly larger hard drive and does not have a built in ota module)

It's a slight difference. Like 480-550 or something like that. They just average the two out and get 500gb when listed on the support page

It does have to be on the account to acknowledge the timers match your programming pckage. I found this out the hard way when my beta account got discod and I hadn't backed up my timers I had set up for a year.

Does the new one need to be activated before it can do a restore?
If so it shouldn't matter, as it is activated now and I'm able to watch channels in my package. But the "Restore" option still does not come up like the instructions say it should.

I'm now beating my head against the wall trying to deal with the FIFTH attempt at talking to Dish tech support. Every single time I wrestle with tech support people who can't even properly comprehend the issue and then give me blatantly false answers/suggestions. Why does Dish tech support have to be so inept? Isn't there some what to get someone who has actual technical skill, where I don't have to re-explain basic concepts over and over again dozens of times over the course of an hour, and for whom English is their primary language?

Yes, it's called satelliteGuys.com. Lol. Most the folks here are either current or prior dish techs or support, myself included.

Reactions: TheKrell
I'm now beating my head against the wall trying to deal with the FIFTH attempt at talking to Dish tech support. Every single time I wrestle with tech support people who can't even properly comprehend the issue and then give me blatantly false answers/suggestions. Why does Dish tech support have to be so inept? Isn't there some what to get someone who has actual technical skill, where I don't have to re-explain basic concepts over and over again dozens of times over the course of an hour, and for whom English is their primary language?
You might have to request to talk to an American Tech agent. I know I taked to DISH loyalty team a few years back and asked them to make sure that all my tech calls go to an AMERICAN tech agent or call center. No more Ali Bob's talking to me when I call. This made a big difference to me. I hate trying to explain a problem to someone reading off a script ,who really doesn't comprehend what I am talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts