Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray Hair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
N WV
KTV CH2 Kuwait on 97W KU is first flashing in color and then to black and white, then shrinking in size and staying in those conditions. I thought the dish might need adjustment when quality was around 50% signal quality, adjusted dish have 90% signal level, 65% to 70% signal quality. Still have black and white,reduced screen size and stays there, search found nothing. Have microHD, 36” GeosatPro dish.

Any Ideas?

Thank you!

Is that the only channel you're having problems with??
If so, I was going to say check your output selection>NTSC>PAL (can't tell you where to find that setting in that receiver, sorry)

This is probably a setting on your receiver that converts international resolutions for display on your TV. KTV is not transmitted in the North American format and instead is uplinked 576i. Your TV does not support 576i.

In the System Setup menu select TV System and change the Video Resolution to the highest resolution that your TV supports. The setting currently is set to "By Source" and your TV doesn't support the KTV native format resolution.

For example: I set the receivers output resolution to 1080p 60Hz. This makes channel changes faster and makes international standards viewable on my TV.

Reactions: Gray Hair
Thanks to all.

I reset video resolution to 1080p_60, and appearance seems normal. I was rather surprised sense in the past it had worked find on a 1989 RCA TV, but not now on a little newer model, 2003.

Brian, thanks for your help in this and all you do for people on this forum. Your comments are generally interesting and informative.

Reactions: N5XZS and Titanium
Nice thing about 1080p 60Hz makes picture looks lots better despite the video frame rate differences by up converting.:)

This is true on some receivers, if the STB is coded with a good deinterlace codecs. Some chipsets do poor deinterlace routines and the progressive output often has jaggies and other conversion artifacts, which are not visible when viewed in the native interlaced format.

Reactions: Gray Hair
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts