KU Analog

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
I picked up an old Fijitsu FSR500 on ebay for analog, and can't seem to pick anything up with it. Does anyone know if there is a constant KU analog signal I could use to check if the box is working or not?

for the most part all analog signals will be one of the 32 predefined tp's. Some receivers have a tune function to allow you to manually tune a freq, but honestly unless you have a spectrum analyzer and can find the analog freq that way, youd never find it. tuning the ird 1mhz at a time looking for analog wildfeeds is like tuning your digital ird 1mhz at a time looking for wildfeeds, just so time consuming it isnt worth while.

for the most part all analog signals will be one of the 32 predefined tp's. Some receivers have a tune function to allow you to manually tune a freq, but honestly unless you have a spectrum analyzer and can find the analog freq that way, youd never find it. tuning the ird 1mhz at a time looking for analog wildfeeds is like tuning your digital ird 1mhz at a time looking for wildfeeds, just so time consuming it isnt worth while.

Thanks, thats what I thought. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should slave the reciever to my Ultra and ensure that the Ultra is tuned to either a hortizontal or vertical tp on the satellite I am looking for, since I will be unable to control the polarity using the analog unit. The Ultra will take care of selecting the correct LNB through diseq as well.

edit: I got the thing to pick up the analog test card on amc15 tp 12. I still have a universal on the dish (got a standard on its way from ebay), so it showed up as tp 26, but it was there. I understand that there isn't a heck of a lot on analog KU anymore, but it does add another option to my arsenal ;)

Last edited:
some analog irds will let you control the polarity using voltage, my toshiba trx-2220 does.

also make sure that have the analog ird selected to the correct lof/h, if it doesnt let you select then check the manual for what it wants you to use, its probably 10750 in most cases (ie not universal) but check the manual.

there isnt alot of analog, but I still see the ocational feed on ku. 74.0w sometimes has basketball games and other things in analog.

Just to clarify, you should not be using a universal LNBF for analog, since the older analog receivers aren't set up for the correct L.O.

Finally go my standard LNB from ebay and swapped out the universal. It works like a charm for analog (watched a b-ball game on Saturday) but I've also seen an improvement in my digital signals of about 10% on the quality meter :)

cool :)

The reason a Universal wont work is the frequencies are off by 150MHZ (due to the 10600 LNB LO). Since analog is pretty much the same 20mhz block of frequencies (11720, 11740, etc) when you shift everything up 150MHZ you cant go higher than channel 18. Everything else is above 12200 in the settings

11720 would have to be 11870 to match up as an example

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)