KU and C Band Differences?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jump into this thread here..http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/281930-Unknown-Dish/page3 I go into detail on this device.

Wonderful! Thank you !!:)

That thing is brilliant! But it looks really heavy.. I’m going to show this to my dad and see if we can make one out of aluminum or some sort of alloy.
Over the years I’ve seen various pictures of devices to do the same thing, all of them different from one another but never really saw any good, detailed photos of them.

I was shocked at how much that 1.8m Prodelin weighs! It was almost too much for my dad and myself to lift and put on the pole, a little crane thing would have been awesome.

I’ve also wondered about building some sort of thing like a short diving board that I could put in front a my big dish that would let me walk on it and stand “in the dish” so I can work on the LNBF.
If I could mount it to my John Deere so I could drive it around. The mower weighs 600lbs so it should be a good counter weight to keep it from tipping when I walk out on it.
If I put my ladder up to the edge of the dish I still have to lean waaaaaay over into the dish to reach the LNBF and that’s waaaaay not cool..

Last edited:
Wonderful! Thank you !!:)

That thing is brilliant! But it looks really heavy.. I’m going to show this to my dad and see if we can make one out of aluminum or some sort of alloy.
Over the years I’ve seen various pictures of devices to do the same thing, all of them different from one another but never really saw any good, detailed photos of them.

I was shocked at how much that 1.8m Prodelin weighs! It was almost too much for my dad and myself to lift and put on the pole, a little crane thing would have been awesome.

I’ve also wondered about building some sort of thing like a short diving board that I could put in front a my big dish that would let me walk on it and stand “in the dish” so I can work on the LNBF.
If I could mount it to my John Deere so I could drive it around. The mower weighs 600lbs so it should be a good counter weight to keep it from tipping when I walk out on it.
If I put my ladder up to the edge of the dish I still have to lean waaaaaay over into the dish to reach the LNBF and that’s waaaaay not cool..

That device is called a "gin pole (jin pole, alternate spelling)" and they used to be very common. They still are common for antenna towers. I would NOT recommend building one out of aluminum, or alloy. You need good-old heavy steel for them. You can make a "poor-mans" version out of an aluminum extension ladder and a come-along for a one time job. I did that and lifted a Prodelin 1.8m dish on top of a 12ft or so pole. The top of the ladder BENT/flexed from the weight, hence why you should go with steel if you build a gin-pole. They are very handy to have!

That device is called a "gin pole (jin pole, alternate spelling)" and they used to be very common. They still are common for antenna towers. I would NOT recommend building one out of aluminum, or alloy. You need good-old heavy steel for them. You can make a "poor-mans" version out of an aluminum extension ladder and a come-along for a one time job. I did that and lifted a Prodelin 1.8m dish on top of a 12ft or so pole. The top of the ladder BENT/flexed from the weight, hence why you should go with steel if you build a gin-pole. They are very handy to have!

Oh my... Ok then. :D Advice taken and noted, do not use aluminum. Or ladders... :D

Thanks! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)