Ku-band lnb on a BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

magnigyro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
What happens if I put a ku-band lnb on a BUD? Can I damage my FTA box, or lnb...

I want (still) the Classic Arts Showcase (no more in NYN 79W or safeTV in 97W:() and I want to locate the bird position before to put the C-band lnb.

Sorry this C-domain is so far to me...:confused:

Thanks...

It's not going to damage anything. If you have a pre-existing BUD it would make it even more useful. It certainly can be upgraded.

What other details can you give us? Receivers, dish size, condition of equipment, etc.

A friend has a unused 2m metalic net dish, and a Box Uniden UST-2200 w/o remote.

A big chaparral lna :confused:

Buttons up, down, V and H, and 2 digit display change from 1 to 24.

That can be useful for the NTSC signal for Classic Arts Showcase in Galaxy 15?

Thanks

LNAs are very old... Before the down converter was integrated into the Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) to form a combo known as the LNB (Low Noise Block converter), you needed a separate down converter. That is the setup you describe. You'll want to ditch that old LNA/converter combo and use a modern LNB on the feedhorn. Or, alternatively, SatelliteAV has a great deal on a modern LNBF (integrated feedhorn and LNB) that switches polarity by voltage, just as the LNBFs on the small Ku dishes do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts