Ku dish motor suggestions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Awesome thanks! Wow looking at the ebay picture the motor looks mounted upside down haha. Ive always mounted them with the shaft of the motor facing down. Think this one could be mounted either way? Just worried about water/snow getting in there. I'll grab one though since it does look and sound like a quality unit. Thanks again.

Awesome thanks! Wow looking at the ebay picture the motor looks mounted upside down haha. Ive always mounted them with the shaft of the motor facing down. Think this one could be mounted either way? Just worried about water/snow getting in there. I'll grab one though since it does look and sound like a quality unit. Thanks again.
The Stab HH90 (and some from other manufacturers) do face down. The HH100 (for 1 meter dishes) and HH120 (for 1.2 meter dishes) face up. :)

You might look for a US retailer... Save you a couple of weeks and some shipping costs.

Would be great to find them here in the US but everybody here sells the HH90 or HH120 (or both). Sadoun used to sell the HH100 but doesn't have them any more. Amazon doesn't have any (and they have everything :D). Haven't found any other US dealers yet so it seems Canada or UK are the only option. :rolleyes:

Is there a big difference in specs between the HH120 and HH100? Might be more convenient...
I have had an HH120 for many years, still use it on a 1m dish, works great even if it is a bit slow to switch satellites.
It did break once in a bad windstorm when it had the 120cm dish mounted, one of the "ears" that the mounting bolt goes through broke off. I had it repaired and works fine now.
I also added some cold weather lube when re-assembling it which might have helped for our really cold winters up here...
Just thinking if an HH120 is available in the US it might end up being cheaper when shipping is calculated...

The HH120 has a higher load rating. Good info. Ive sent them a link to that as well and recommended the HH120. It came out to be relatively the same price. Thanks again.

Just remember the HH120 has a larger shaft that will not fit 99% of bracket clamps on a 1meter so keep in mind you may have to adapt it some how.
Unless it is a very heavy dish the HH90 would be fine for the 1 meter.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Josh give us a link for (or a picture of) the dish you have, someone here will know if it will fit or not.

Remember that the HH120 is very slow moving too. I don't know about the speed of the HH100.

FYI, the reason for the slow speeds is that these dish movers get their power from your receiver voltage to your LNBF through the coax. Since the V to H polarity switching on that LNBF is done by voltage, that dish motor "could" be running on only 13V instead of the 18V on the other polarity. That and the amps on that circuit are limited so that means the motor amp draw has to be LOW to keep from horking up that circuit in the receiver so low volts, low amps = really low gear ratio in the SMALL motor which means SLOW dish movement. And the heavier the dish, the slower it will be also. It's also a good idea to use solid copper coax for these installs since the copper clad steel cable doesn't handle voltage all that well.

IIRC the HH120 is good for a 45lb dish and the HH90 is only good for a 22lb dish. Not sure what the HH100 is.

RE: that Canadian Stab vendor, I've seen his price on those HH120s down around $100 in recent weeks but then he jumped it up to $140 all of a sudden? I was about ready to buy one but when he kept horking around with the price, I just said the heck with it and decided to do something different as I didn't figure they were worth over $100! Not to bad mouth any of our Canadian members here, but I've found that "most" of the vendors from Canada are a strange breed and difficult to deal with for the most part.

I had a Stab hh120 for many years before it finally broke. It was slow but it was accurate. I have been through two hh motors in the last three years and am ready to go back to the Stab. These china made motors seem to always get off track and I am constantly tweaking my 1.2 meter fortec. With the Stab 120 once I set it, it was good for 5 years until the motor gave up the ghost.

Thanks for all the info! I ended up having my parents buy a HH100. The shaft was jussst long enough for the bracket on the older 2009 model Fortec 1meter they have and I mean just long enough. I have it physically all put together as of yesterday but ran out of time. I'll do the alignment this weekend probably. The shaft is thicker then the old motor but the bracket otherwise is ok for fit.

My favorite is the Stab90, small, lightweight, excellent manual in several different languages. And to boot, made in Italia, nothing not to like about it! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)