Ku dish non motorized

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
If I just want a dish fixed on one satellite for hobby use... Should I go with galaxy 19?

Thanks

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If I just want a dish fixed on one satellite for hobby use... Should I go with galaxy 19?

if the only language you speak and understand is english, then my answer would be no

sure there are alot of channels there, but most are of no use unless you speak a foreign language of some sort

Last edited:
Calmeidajr,

If you are looking for feeds, some people love 72W. If you are looking for PBS in HD, get 125W.

97W is full of international programming. It has around 50 English channels. Most are Religious, some are international News. If News and Religion is not entertaining, you will find 97W boring.

Euge

Ok 72 w sounds good I'm not interested in international stuff and religion

I'm sorry what's on 72w that's interesting as far as fta and feeds?

The reason I ask it only says feeds on lyngsat. If what you mean is Amc6

Well, I have to chime in. Some of the programs on Kuwait TV2 and Ebru TV (plus the occasional English movie or mini-series on some of the other channels) could be enough for some people. I'll use an example from a program I watched on the Discovery channel: would you prefer an ice cream shop that sold just 3 flavors: vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, or one that sold 100 flavors? Although we say we want more choice, it turns out, evolutionarily speaking, our brains would rather be limited to fewer choices if in the end we're most likely to pick either plain vanilla or chocolate anyway. I like my motorized setup to find the feeds out there, but I always come back to 97W in the end. Although there are 200+ channels on that satellite, I just pick the ones I like to watch :)

Also if you need children's programming, Smiles of a Child, on 97w in English is available.
EBRU TV is all English with a variety of programs and news show.
KTV 2 is mostly English with Spanish and Arabic sub titles and sitcoms and movies every night.

I can't see 30 west from where I live, but it might be interesting for new movies, in English, just with Spanish subtitles.
Find a thread that talks about it.
To get started, 97 west is attractive because of so many channels to choose from.
So even if you only stay there for your first week, you will learn a lot about aiming the dish and adjusting your receiver.
As mentioned above, 125 w might be your favorite.
By getting some experience, you may eventually decide to have several fixed dishes.
We can help you with that, as well. :up
(probably want your best dish on 125, but 97 & 30 might work well enough on lesser dishes)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)