Ku Lnb / Dishnetwork Lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mahmoodkhan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Hello. I was wondering if its possible to hook up my Dishnetwork LNB alongside with my standard KU Lnb so I dont have to have two dishes up on the roof? I have a Disecq switch that I can use to hook up one coax to my FTA receiver and the other one to my dish network receiver. My current FTA setup is a approx 36" dish, with sg-2100 motor. Dishnetwork is Dish500 with its standard 110/119 LNB.

Thanks

Mahmood

You can do what I did. I bought the Invacom quad LNB (QPH-031) and then you can feed linear and circular from one LNB to your receiver. It's not cheap, but you can get rid of that other dish and you'll also get improved performance with the low db rating on the Invacom.

why bother

You might be able to eventually make it work, but it would be a pain in the #!
Finding a way to make that DSS lnbf hit both satellites might not even be possible, with it mounted off to one side. I'd leave it alone, its on a dish that is designed to pick up 2 sats at once.

Right, missed the part about him feeding to a DISH receiver. For convenience sake, it's best to have a dedicated dish for any subscription service. If you were hell-bent on one dish, you could run one linear and one circular line out through a disecq into your FTA receiver and then the other circular line direct to your DISH receiver. Use the FTA receiver to motor over to either 110 or 119 and then your DISH receiver will pick up the signal right away.

For convenience sake, it's best to have a dedicated dish for any subscription service.
Subscription service receivers expect to be able to get to their dedicated satellites any time they wish.
If you screw with that, you are asking for problems.
Plus, no Dish service technician nor company tech support will talk to you if you admit to such a lash-up.

Two dishes isn't such a big deal.
It's when members here have four, five, and more dishes, that they start thinking about combining them.
The T90 torodial dish lets you mount lots of LNBs for dedicated birds, and DOES NOT MOVE.
It lets all receivers have full-time access to their birds.
Of course, for the price of $200 plus LNBs, plus wiring, plus alignment, that is usually enough to discourage the casual user. :eek:

A N D

I was wondering if its possible to hook up my Dishnetwork LNB alongside with my standard KU Lnb so I dont have to have two dishes up on the roof? I have a Disecq switch that I can use to hook up one coax to my FTA receiver and the other one to my dish network receiver. My current FTA setup is a approx 36" dish, with sg-2100 motor. Dishnetwork is Dish500 with its standard 110/119 LNB.
The answer to this question, as worded, is: NO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)