KU LNB on a prime focus dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Satellite AV, you really know your stuff for sure. I appreciate your help. Then for this QPF-031 LNBF I should match it with the Invacom ADF-120 Feed Horn?

The reason that I am so familiar with the QPF-031 and the QPH-031 is that Satellite AV was the first Invacom distributor in the US and I worked with Invacom to develop these two models for the North American market. Long story... Invacom (the company) lacked business integrity, so we parted ways. BUT .... they do make a great product!

Yes. For Circular KU-band DBS (12.2 - 12.75GHz) Dish Netork or Dish Network reception or Linear KU-Band FSS 11.7 - 12.2GHz), match the QPF-031 LNB with the Invacom ADF-120 Feedhorn.

Last edited:
Either way, you do have the knowledge. I do have a QPH-031 and use it for Amazonas. Works very well. Too bad Invacom does not make a single output at lower price because all I will be using is one end for Echo14. The two linear and one circular will be wasted.

Well, here I am again. I have tried and found two suppliers that sells them but they are both out of stock and don't know if will sell them again. I tried Craigslist, amazon, etc to no avail. I do need both the LNB and the Feed Horn. If anyone knows where to get them even if used I will be interested.

watch out with that store: I ordered a QPH 031 (for offset), a QPF 031 with feedhorn (for prime focus) two days ago. The order was declined by CyperEStore but the charge $190 shows on my credit card. So far no reply from customer service via email or tel.

Google is our friend.....

The "H" version is a LNBF = with integrated feedhorn. Designed for offset dishes with higher f/d. Not suitable for prime focus dishes.

The "F" version is a LNB = no integrated Feedhorn and requires mounting to a feedhorn. Can be used on both offset and prime focus design dishes with appropriate feedhorn.

QDF-031: KU-band Universal linear LNB with 4 outputs.
QPF-031: KU-band Standard linear LNB on two outputs and DBS circular LNB on two outputs.

If you want optimum reception of circular polarity KU-band DBS signals on a prime focus dish, use the QPF-031 with the matching feedhorn and connect to the circular polarity output(s).

ok thanks for the info:
* the Invacom QPF-031 plus feedhorn is for prime focus antennas
* the Invacom QPH-031 has a feedhorn built in and is for off-set antennas (or both)
* both are linear and circular
document: http://www.sat-sales.com/documents/Tele-satellitetestreportJuly05.pdf

What is the Invacom SNH-031 Universal ?
"H" for off-set antennas . . . but what's the difference to the QPH

Thanks.

The SNH is a completely different animal.... Universal, single output, and has no DBS (circular) option.

The "H" in QPH stands for Horn, meaning there is a built-in feedhorn. This is a LNBF.

The "F" in QPF stands for Flange, meaning the LNB is designed to bolt onto an existing feedhorn via a flange interface (in this case, C-120). The QPF will work on a prime focus OR an offset dish, that is dependent on the feedhorn and dish being used.

There is also an SNF version of the SNH that has a flange interface instead of a built-in feedhorn, and dual-output versions of the SNF and SNH (the TWF and TWH).

Last edited:
>> Universal (LNBF) used for ? << Satellites over the Atlantic that have transponders below 11.7Ghz Most of these are aimed at Europe, but there are some aimed this way.

A universal will work with any FTA satellite here, but most satellites over North America do not make use of the low Ku frequencies.

The disadvantage of using a universal LNB is that you would not be able to use 22k switching in your system, since a 22k switch is already built into the universal LNBs to switch from low to high Ku frequencies.

As always, the QPF is more expensive than the QPH version. In some cases, where it is imperative that the LNB is C-120 flanged, the extra expense might be worth it.

btw. I found the QPF-031 and feedhorn in stock at the following stores:
orbitelectronics dot net
futurevisionsat dot com
(both merchants replied with good customer service)

CyberEstore never answered my calls and email.

Thank you vixens, I went there and placed the order yesterday. They showed "in stock"
for both items so I hope is true.

orbitelectronics dot net
futurevisionsat dot com

I placed an order with both of the above stores on Feb. 22.
Since then I have not heard from them despite my calls and emails. Of course the merchandise never arrived.
Has anybody dealt with these stores before ?

orbitelectronics dot net
futurevisionsat dot com

I placed an order with both of the above stores on Feb. 22.
Since then I have not heard from them despite my calls and emails. Of course the merchandise never arrived.
Has anybody dealt with these stores before ?

Been 10 days and no answer on a simple question to futurevisionsat, so.......?

RT.

Same here. I have sent three emails asking the status of the order but no one ever replies. What I think is that these people advertise without having any stock and then reorder from Invacom. Not very good business.

Just got a hold of them. They are refunding me again because they are not able to get the items anymore.
You may call to 305-828-8188 for a refund.

You might call the distributor and they should be able to direct you to a reseller who carries the QPF-031 and feedhorn. 770-529-6800

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)