KU LNB reliability for BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildbill47

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
northern California
I have not had problems with C band LNB and have 3 BUDS. KU has been a different story. My main big dish had a feed horn cover and decided to remove it as wasps lived there and considered the internal temp even though the C band LNB was not effected. Have 2 KU offset dishes and the LNB's have lasted. Naturally this is the hardest to change using a extension ladder to reach it.

The question I am asking have others had a problem with BUD KU LNB's ?
Are some of the KU LNB's being sold garbage ?

Is your BUD not particularly suited for ku use? Too large of mesh size could be an issue. A glass dish may also be not particularly suited for ku. My only experience is with an 8' Channel Master, which performed well with ku.

The front dish in AVATAR is a 8' channel master. and it was receiving KU ok and failed. When another LNB arrives will replace the one now in place. Have another KU commercial dish stored on my other property and will set it up for testing. The question I have also is with the higher summer temp if the higher freq lnb's are temperature sensitive ?

Lnb's should NOT be particularly temperature sensitive. If they drift more than a tiny bit due to extreme temps, there's something wrong with them.

I used 2 KU LNB's on two separate systems. One was a Houston Tracker VI on a 7.5" mesh dish & the other was a new GI 4DTV on a new 10' mesh dish. They both worked very well for me.

I have very good results using a dmx741 c/ku LNB on my 6 footer.The KU is just about as good as my 3 footer ku setup. Some here have had not so good results with using a c/ku combo Lnb though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts