Edision Ku Lnbf Settings

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi all,

Yesterday I lost all ku signals for no apparent reason. I left the house with 103ku on the classical music channel…. keeps my dog calm when I’m out of the house. All was working well with a 12.5 dB reading. I came home in the afternoon to find no signal on that satellite or any other ku satellite.
No…my dog didn’t mess around with it and there were no wind related issues.
So could someone please confirm for me what my ku settings (polorization, increased voltage and tone mode), should be for my edision mio ? I have a standard ku lnbf (maverick)
I’m using a 22 khz switch to split the signal between c and ku bands. C band works fine, btw.
Thanks in advance.

John

A weather related issue? Lots of storms across the east. In fact a major event will hit us later today. 103W Ku goes out first for me when storms are up.

I checked for solar outages but they were March 1 to 6 for your area.

Edision settings:
Type: KU STD 10750
Voltage mode: Polarization
Increased voltage: Probably off.
Tone mode: Off for no tone. On for tone. Setting depends on whether you're using tone for C or Ku.

Reactions: FTA4PA
A weather related issue? Lots of storms across the east. In fact a major event will hit us later today. 103W Ku goes out first for me when storms are up.

I checked for solar outages but they were March 1 to 6 for your area.

Edision settings:
Type: KU STD 10750
Voltage mode: Polarization
Increased voltage: Probably off.
Tone mode: Off for no tone. On for tone. Setting depends on whether you're using tone for C or Ku.
Hi cyber,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Well it looks as if my settings are in order…thought they would be, but doesn’t hurt to check.
For some reason even in rain, I’m able to receive 12144 V 20000 on 103 ku and right now its just overcast. I used my signal finder to check my ku signal coming in from the dish and its coming in strong on that transponder at 12 db, even with cloudy skies. I’m thinking my 22hz switch may have died.
I’ll replace it and get back to you.

John

Reactions: KE4EST
cyber,

Well I did a quick replacement of the 22hz switch with no change. Great C band, no Ku.
Now going to check all my connections here in the house and if all check out, I’m thinking it might be some kind of water intrusion of the coax out at the dish. I sealed the connections well this fall, but will recheck when the storm passes.
Rain is starting to pick up here now.

John

Hi all,

I went out and did a quick assessment out at the dish and all coax connections seem well protected (dry) from the elements.
Kinda wondering what it may be if its not the connections. Hopefully I’ll be able to do further checking tomorrow depending on the weather.

John

cyber,

Well I did a quick replacement of the 22hz switch with no change. Great C band, no Ku.
Now going to check all my connections here in the house and if all check out, I’m thinking it might be some kind of water intrusion of the coax out at the dish. I sealed the connections well this fall, but will recheck when the storm passes.
Rain is starting to pick up here now.

John
Bypass the NEW switch directly with coax. IE: run the coax from the receiver, directly to the KU lnbf. Make sure to reflect that in the settings, and see if signal comes back.

IF even that doesn't work, maybe your KU lnbf went South.

Reactions: N0QBH and JFOK
cyber and primestar 31,

Well it turns out I had some moisture intrusion at the ku coax connection out at the dish after all. I cut back about a half inch of coax on the cable leading into the house and reattached the connectors.Then I resealed it, this time using a better method of weatherproofing, but still looking for something even better.
C band coax looks fine.
All works well now…. nice strong signal.
Thanks for the assistance.

John

Last edited:
Reactions: FTA4PA
Reactions: JFOK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)