KU question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sparky3542

Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
Sturgis, MS
Ku/ dishnetwork

If I'm in the wroung place, I appologize.
I'm trying to bring back to life a General Instrument 350i that did work when I retired it for FTA. There is a channel I want to get on G11(CSS TV, Ku and analog I assume )and I can't use my BUD ku lnb because I have all my FTA and DTV dishes on it and the BUD is locked in position. I have a superdish with lnb's I would like to use to receive the above mentioned channel if possible.

First let me ask this:
1. Will the lnb(Ku I assume) and superdish for Dishnetwork work with a General Instument 350i?
2. Is Nimiq 1.3 amd G11 the same? If so, the superdish is already tuned to Nimiq 1.3.
3. Will anything blow up if I connect the 350i to the superdish lnb?
4. If none of the above work, can I get a smaller disk, 6 ft maybe, to work with this receiver?
Lastly, what's the best route to go to get this channel?
Thanks for any info and again sorry if I'm in the wrong place.
:confused:

If thats Comcast Sports Channel you're talking about, its scrambled and in digicipher format. I assume somebody sells subscription to it if you have a 4DTV receiver, and a c-band dish..

and I can't use my BUD ku lnb because I have all my FTA and DTV dishes on it and the BUD is locked in position.
huh?

I have a superdish with lnb's I would like to use to receive the above mentioned channel if possible.
wont work as the channel you are trying to get is C-Band and scrambled

First let me ask this:
1. Will the lnb(Ku I assume) and superdish for Dishnetwork work with a General Instument 350i?
it will work for KU but the channel you noted is C-Band
2. Is Nimiq 1.3 amd G11 the same? If so, the superdish is already tuned to Nimiq 1.3.
why would it be aimed to Nimiq1 when there isn't anything free on there sans a few slate channels??
3. Will anything blow up if I connect the 350i to the superdish lnb?
no
4. If none of the above work, can I get a smaller disk, 6 ft maybe, to work with this receiver?

you can use it to get a few free analog channels.

The channel you are wanting isa not available to consumers. Its set up for cable companies to get it and you would need a special receiver and authorization to get it

Iceberg...

I am not stepping on your toes in any way, but...

CSS-Comcast Sports Southeast is available to us 4dtv'ers on GB-402. I will even go as far as saying it is in-the-clear, or it may just pop through if your 4dtv has a valid subscription. I get it here w/ no problem. This is the only channel on GB/G11 that is on 4dtv that has to do with Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS). Unless they are referring to something on a DVB receiver.

Thank you.

Css

Thanks for all the info. To Iceberg, when I went to FTA, I mounted all the dish network dishes to the BUD. I have 3 DN dishes up on the bud. The bud is fixed permanent by a steel bar so the DN dishes don't move. As soon as I can, I'll post a pic of my antenna install. I have a dish 500 for 110,119 1 dish for nimiq1.3 and 1 dish will be for a couple if sats I want to test on. Again, Thanks peeps and will let all know what happens. If you see an atomic cloud down my way, it didn't work.

Iceberg...

I am not stepping on your toes in any way, but...

CSS-Comcast Sports Southeast is available to us 4dtv'ers on GB-402. I will even go as far as saying it is in-the-clear, or it may just pop through if your 4dtv has a valid subscription. I get it here w/ no problem. This is the only channel on GB/G11 that is on 4dtv that has to do with Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS). Unless they are referring to something on a DVB receiver.

Thank you.

interesting. I just went off Lyngsat which didnt show a red number to the right which I always thought as not available on 4DTV

interesting. I just went off Lyngsat which didnt show a red number to the right which I always thought as not available on 4DTV

A lot of things on lyngsat in DCII is missing the red numbers out on the side. When it comes to 4dtv, lyngsat isn't much help. Alot of channels are 'hidden' or not mapped in to the 4dtv meaning you have to use the generic satellite tiles on the 4dtv to access them. And Comcast has a lot of stuff up there. But however, CSS is mapped in on GB-402.

I have 6 generics programmed in my 4DTV and check certain muxes all the time. You never know when something may be in the clear. If you know how to work the generics you can find alot of hidden stuff in DCII, unless of course if it's megapipe. That's the kicker part, it would be nice if the 922 did that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts