Ku Signal Strenght

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Whats the highest signal strenght folks have here? The max I hit is 76% (amc1 NBC mux, PBS, H. Beach etc). Wondering if
77% is my plateau or if there is something wrong w/ my install (motor elevation, or dish elev).

Used 2 different receivers and LNBs, signal strenght stays constant at 76%.

Cheers, K

Whats the highest signal strenght folks have here? The max I hit is 76% (amc1 NBC mux, PBS, H. Beach etc). Wondering if
77% is my plateau or if there is something wrong w/ my install (motor elevation, or dish elev).

Used 2 different receivers and LNBs, signal strenght stays constant at 76%.

Cheers, K

What receiver are those numbers coming from, and are you wondering about quality% or strength%?

I see you have an S10 listed in your sig, I have a couple of S9s and the highest quality% I remember seeing on anything is 82%, I don't pay much attention to the strength%.

Lots of variables go into those readings though.

With the Ali chip-set receivers 85 quality is as high as I have seen. Those don't work like the common person would think. If you are getting 76 that = great signal. I avg around 71-72 on most stuff that I know I am getting strong. Some receivers will go all the way to 100 on a very strong receiver. Depends on the Chip-set and the firmware and how the manufacturer is sampling the signal.

What receiver are those numbers coming from, and are you wondering about quality% or strength%?

I see you have an S10 listed in your sig, I have a couple of S9s and the highest quality% I remember seeing on anything is 82%, I don't pay much attention to the strength%.

Lots of variables go into those readings though.

I meant Quality... the strenght, iirc, is always 90% or higher.

Thanks, K

Since i put up that 1 meter dish for galaxy 19 I can get on the RT trans 12152 H at about 91% quality and around 45% to 70% quality on the rest of the transponders on galaxy 19. I use a sonicview 1000 for the tv in the living room with a DN superdish lnb.

Dan Rose

That is just it, every receiver is different.

Kraven what receiver are you talking about? S10 or what.

It also has to do with the actual satellite transponder and how much power is allowed by the carriers. Sometimes, certain transponders on different satellites have pads that will prevent the transmitter from over saturating and possibly interfering with signals on the opposite polarity. If you are watching sporting events on AMC 15 or AMC 16, Echostar is very strict about the amount of power we can use and will call us in the truck if they see that our power level is over their threshold. I don't like those calls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts