Ku through window

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
Just need a little help guys I have posted the satellite location,the window, and the dish any ideas on how I should mount it on the ground ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1383670790.041636.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1383670805.357491.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1383670816.623964.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1383670842.657551.jpgI'm thinking bucket of cement with pole inside....also do I need to adjust the skew? I heard if it's one satellite u need u don't have to. I'm an looking at 97 west only thanks for your help.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

how I should mount it on the ground
Think that should read 'how I should mount it on the floor?'
I've fashioned up nprm style mounts out of 2x4's for temporary/portable situations. If on a "j" pole a piece of plywood should suffice. Maybe some ballast? Rubber mat under it?
Looks like the LNBF skew should be about the 11 o'clock position when facing the dish face.

You'd be surprised how much difference a stable mount makes. When I first started out, I thought maybe I could get a signal just bopping a dish in somewhat the right direction. Never happened until I put it on a mount -- then "boom" -- my first catch, and it was on 97w! I think there are so many smaller adjustments to make in order to get these FTA signals that having some sort of mount is necessary. A pole in a bucket of cement is really heavy! I like FaT's idea of a j-pole on plywood. You might even be able to somehow fold it away when not in use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts