Status
Please reply by conversation.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
I recently decided to add a second LNB (DBS) to my setup. I ran into some problems scanning 119 and couldn't get any signal at all. I was stumped and too embarrassed to post on the forum so I PMed Iceberg. He immediately informed me that 119 has spotbeams and that could be the answer to my problem. He gave me a TP to try and sure enough he was right as usual. He also answered several other questions I had.

Just want to say that I appreciate his help and I think he does alot for all the members here at Sat Guys.

:bow :bow :bow

I'll second that...

Iceberg and all the staff members work hard to make this the best site available for anything tv related! Keep up the hard work! :yes

I agree. This site definately is the best and has the most informative people. Iceburg has helped me a few times also. Thanks and keep up the good work.

ah shucks guys

appreciate the feedback. I'm just having fun. This crazy FTA is an addiction...love to help out :)

I smell Iceberg Satellite Guy of the year 2005 :yes

He always goes the extra mile for the members here, what can I say I am a big fan. He is also a hackers worst nightmare!

Thanks to IcebErg, PSB, and all the members of this forum!

You all put the 'support' in tech support! :D

I still chuckle every time I hear of a retailer directing their tech support issues here! :)

PSB said:
I smell Iceberg Satellite Guy of the year 2005 :yes

He always goes the extra mile for the members here, what can I say I am a big fan. He is also a hackers worst nightmare!

Better watch it Pete, you know how Iceberg can be when someone mentions that word!!!

nah...the word doesnt bother me that much...its when peeople come here and talk about it :)

I remember when I first got my FTA system and it took me 3 weeks to get it running (and there really wasn't any site to help out)....I finally got it working (it was the Viacast and when you put in the LO frequency and the frequency you need 3 zeros at the end...so 10750 was 10750000) so I know how frustrating it can be to get set up. Thats why alot of us are here....to help out :)

IceBerg has also helped me with Dishnetwork stuff before.

I big thank you to IceBerg.

We should have MVP awards or something we can Vote on every quarter or something.

ScottChez said:
IceBerg has also helped me with Dishnetwork stuff before.

I big thank you to IceBerg.

We should have MVP awards or something we can Vote on every quarter or something.

I think that's a great idea-annual (at least) awards. We could vote on receiver of the year, LNB of the year and Sat Guy of the year. Sounds like fun to me. :eureka

Awards... That would be cool as long as there are door prizes :yes

During the annual Satelliteguys.us christmas party chat held last december there were door prizes and the awarding of the Satellite guy of the year award ;-)

The thing I like about Iceberg's replys are that he gives you the answer no matter how many times the question has been previously asked. I believe that most peeps actually do a search first and read as much as possible before they ask for help. The reason most peeps post a question is because there is something they don't quite grasp and the last thing they need is a smartass moderator to respond "do a search". You get so much of that BS on other satellite sites. Newbies don't need to be intimidated, they actually do need help and Icebergs patience is to be commended. Thanks man .... MK

:)

You guys in the MPEG2/FTA Forum are a Class Act - kind of reminds me of the old VOOM DBS Forum minus the VOOM Trolls. I have been tempted to purchase a FTA Receiver Package from a Gold Sponsor just so I can participate more often in your Forum. :hatsoff:

Iceberg also helped me many times with my setup, without him and other people here, it would take much LONGER for me to have my system setup and going.

Before that, I always thought LO means LOW, it was Iceberg that gave me the correct info, and that leads to images showing up on my TV screen within 10 minutes.

Big thank you to IceBerg!

My thanks also to Ice for his opinion on the need for KU analog (especially for football). My old GI 2400R works dandy on AMC9 and SBS6. I've watched seveal nfl preseason games so far!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts