KUEN on AMC5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am not sure how helpful this is but I have a 1.2 Meter dish in Los Angeles California and normally Kuen's transponder is at 90% on my Pansat 3500, right now it is at only 75%.

Usually I get KUEN and the NYNs at about the same strength (around 60%), but KUEN is about 15% lower right now. It was quite a bit lower earlier today. After I went out in the heat (only for FTA would I do this) and did a re-point of my LNB and extremely slight lift of the dish (NYN also had been lower than I expected), the best I could get KUEN was 30% (whereas NYN went back up to its usual 60%).

I used to get this signal around 75% to 86% with my 1M dish now I'm lucky to get 66%. 46% to 53% is now the norm. I thought it was my setup.

I haven't seen much interesting on the NYNs lately. Hope more comes up in the coming months. NYN2 used to be an awesome place to channel flip to when nothing else was on elsewhere that was worth watching.

Mastermesh: agreed. NYN2 is home base for me. Particularly enjoyed the "History of Disbelief" the last few Sundays.

I too had to go out and tweak my dish for this bird yesterday. The Utah transmissions were macroblocking, most unusual. I was wondering if it was to do with the heat (33C/90F) and humidity (80%) which is at the extreme end of the scale for this location? Can high humidity act like rain and diminish a signal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts