KUSat 2600 install issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

suibuliu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi Iceberg,
I need your help :).

I am a FTA newbie, I bought this 2600a a couple days ago and I have set it up, but I could not get any programs. My main idea is to get the 2 CCTV channels on G3C, so I setup my dish to "point" to that sat.

When I do the channel search, I found out there are only 4 tp' pre-programmed in 2600a, and I am not sure the data for these tps are correct or not, since they differ than the data from lyngsat 's g3c page

The lyngsat site shows G3C has more than 4 tps, and most importantly the CCTV is 11780 H, but 2600a shows tp4 is 3720.

I changed the settings for tp4 to 11780, 20760 and Hor, but could not get any channels, changed the settings back, no channels.

I know, my dish may not be setup correctly to point to the G3C sat.

Then I decided to point to T5, after about a hour of struggling, I got 4 channels from T5's tp 9, but they are all for fee channels, so I could not watch them to confirm that receiver is working.

I am wondering if this receriver has problems, since I can only receive 4 channels from T5, and the settings for these 4 channels are not listed in lyngsat's ia5 page.

My questions are:
1. do you have to manually enter data, such as tp, Freq and etc. in order to receive programs? in other words, are the factory settings good enough?

2. the LNBF comes with the receiver is a KW-21 model, it has two numbers printed on it, 11.7 and 12.75, and a LO of 10.7. So I chose Normal as the LNBF type, and entered 11700 and 12750 to the two freq numbers in the Setup screen, is this correct? Where did you enter the LO frequency? I could not find a place to enter this number. BTW, what does LO stands for?

3. The fact that I can only receive 4 channels from T5 bothers me, because if I can not get none, then I know I did not point the dish correctly, but since I can receive some, but not all... and my LNBF was skew'ed about 13.3 degree clock wise (look facing the dish). Anything I missed?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I really appreciate it if you could take the time answering them and shed some insights in setting this things up!

Thans!
Suibu

Oh, I forgot to ask another question regarding the signal strength and quality:

When I plug in the LNBF, I got 66~68 for Strength, is this good enough? What is the maximum? What is the unit for this number? percentage or dB?

But the quality number jumps up and down, sometimes I got 20, and most of the time I got 40-60, and sometimes it jumps to 97 then backs down to 30-40.

What does it mean?

I have a Winegard ds 2076 dish, I heard the focal distance of this dish is 19.5, does that mean the distance between the "flat head" of the LNBF and the center of the dish is 19.5? I had a hard time to local the "center" of the dish, since it is a oval, does this distance matter?

Thanks a lot, sorry if I post a repeated question, if you could point me to a FAQ that would be great!

Suibu

Welcome :wave
Damn..thats a lot to read for a first post :D

To set it up, go to antenna install and the screen should look like this (you might have to type it in)
Antenna-1 (or 2, 3, etc)
Type-fixed
Satellite-G3C
LNB Type-normal
LNB freq 1-10750
LNB freq 2-10750
0/12 volt-0 or off
22k tone-off
Diseqc-off

Exit and save

Then go into channel search and you will have to type in the frequency and stuff
Red button allows you to do that
11780 frequency
20760 symbol rate
H polarity

Your elevation must be off. What is your zip so we can match it up? Otherwise, go to http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm and you can see what it should be.

The signal strength is normally around 60, but it’s the quality that matters.
When you get a good signal, it will peg at 98 (on CCTV). Key word when aiming is move it sloooooooowly and when the quality turns yellow, move it maybe 1/18” at a time and wait 5 seconds before moving.

The unit is a great little unit and will work great for CCTV : )

Thanks Iceberg, for the quick reply. I appologize that I posted in the review thread, I did not know that.

I have a couple of new questions after reading your reply.
You said I need to set "LNB freq 2-10750", why is this? do I need to set the other 2 numbers, 11700 and 12750?

What do you think that I can only get 4 channels from T5? Is it related to the fact that I entered 11700/12750 in the freq setup?

I am living in Calgary, Canada, the Elevation is 28.8, Azimuth is 155.1, and skew is -15. I read from a web site that the Winegard dish I have has a error on the elevation gauge of 1.5 degree, so I set my dish to 27, that might be the problem.

Again, thanks a lot!

Suibu

suibuliu said:
Thanks Iceberg, for the quick reply. I appologize that I posted in the review thread, I did not know that.

I have a couple of new questions after reading your reply.
You said I need to set "LNB freq 2-10750", why is this? do I need to set the other 2 numbers, 11700 and 12750?

What do you think that I can only get 4 channels from T5? Is it related to the fact that I entered 11700/12750 in the freq setup?

I am living in Calgary, Canada, the Elevation is 28.8, Azimuth is 155.1, and skew is -15. I read from a web site that the Winegard dish I have has a error on the elevation gauge of 1.5 degree, so I set my dish to 27, that might be the problem.

Again, thanks a lot!

Suibu

the 11700-12750 is the frequencies it can be picked up. But you have to set the LO to a fixed number
5150 for C-Band
10750 for KU
Universal is different, but since you do not have that, I wont explain :)

set both LO's to 10750 :)

The Winegard I have seems to be right...never heard of the 1.5 degree off.

Thanks Iceberg again!

I will make the changes to the setup tonight and report back!

Regarding the 1.5 degree off, since I am not allowed to post URLs, you can do a google search on "Winegard ds 2076", the second link is the site that talks about it.

Thanks!
Suibu

1.5 degrees off will still get you in the ballpark, but elevation might have to be fine tuned a little for the signal

Iceberg,
I made it. After I changed the two lo freq., the receiver can pick up more than 40 channels on T5, then I adjusted both dish angles, and I could receive 3 CCTV channels from G3C.

Thank you so much for your messages, without them, I would have spent more days on my roof... :)

Regards!

Suibu

I don't know if the new sat station at 97* waiting to move will effect the T5 setting, cos I did an install yesterday for T5, first I only get 2 TPs working, but have do lots twisting to get all channels come in, or I just got a bad day.

sksatellite said:
I don't know if the new sat station at 97* waiting to move will effect the T5 setting, cos I did an install yesterday for T5, first I only get 2 TPs working, but have do lots twisting to get all channels come in, or I just got a bad day.

weather maybe?

I can get all the TP's on IA5 no problems...and AMC16 has been at 97 for a while now (month or so)

I have another question, related to T5 and G3C.

I first aimed at T5, but I only got about 40 channels, but according to LyngSat, I should have at least about ~80 channels?

Then I aimed at G3C, I could only get 3 CCTV channels, LyngSat says there are 36 clear channels. Such as VOA on tp1 (not that I want to watch it though)

LyngSat site also states, 7 local stations, such as KPHO-TV, KAET-TV and etc are on tp5, but my Kusat 2600's factory settings have only 4 tps for G3C, can I add more tps manually and be able to get these channels?

Thanks!

CharredPC,
Thanks!

Which column(s) indicate which channels are C which are Ku bands?

sorry, I got your points.

Any channels with freq 10xxx-12xxx are Ku's...

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)