KVH Tracvision A5 programming commands

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phased

Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
I need the programming commands to change the A5's preprogrammed sat targets. It looks similar to the L3 command lines, but I can't save the new sat targets to memory on the A5. Anybody messed around with these systems?

Welcome to Satellite Guys! Is this a Free to Air receiver? What kind of receiver are you talking about...If this is a hacked receiver hack talk is not allowed on this board...

I'd love to know how the reception is on that unit. I have a friend who works for KVH and the A5 has had some issues.

No Hack Jack,
The A5 is a low profile phased array tracking antenna on my truck, the L3 on my boat is a parabolic tracking antenna. I have subs with both DirecTV and Dish but where the L3 parabolic can be software commanded to different birds the A5 won't save em, even though it's the same software. I just need the software command set for the A5 to aim it at a different bird when I want. 101w is lacking.
Technically,
The L3 seems to have smoother tracking and software, the A5 has better hardware and speed. Located in the Midwest/GreatLakes, things are pretty open and flat, but the A5 needs another 20db gain to see thru the clouds or tree canopies. When I'm done I'll be seeing DirecTV birds thru the Sears Tower, be happy to send the hop-up's to your friend bwohlgemuth, maybe he could get me the edit/save commands for the A5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)