L.A. D* Subs Getting Lakers On TWCS Via NBA Broadband?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Marty In LA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Los Angeles
I just received my October bill and D* informed me they're auto renewing my NBA LP 2012-13 option for $179.94. It appears right now that Laker's home games through TWC Sportsnet won't be included in my League Pass subscription.

With negotiations ongoing and both sides seemingly not close to any agreement, is a Los Angeles area D* customer who purchases a separate online NBA LP Broadband subscription at nba.com guaranteed of getting Lakers home games on TWC Sportsnet? I understand NBA LP Broadband would likely impose the blackout rule on all Laker's road games on TWCS, but it seems logical to me bypassing D*'s NBA LP service this season, and by going directly through nba.com I'd at least have the home games that D* subs won't be getting. NBA.com offers League Pass Broadband service with most games streamed in 720p for the annual price of $179.00 for early birds.

Marty In LA

Marty In LA said:
I just received my October bill and D* informed me they're auto renewing my NBA LP 2012-13 option for $179.94. It appears right now that Laker's home games through TWC Sportsnet won't be included in my League Pass subscription.

With negotiations ongoing and both sides seemingly not close to any agreement, is a Los Angeles area D* customer who purchases a separate online NBA LP Broadband subscription at nba.com guaranteed of getting Lakers home games on TWC Sportsnet? I understand NBA LP Broadband would likely impose the blackout rule on all Laker's road games on TWCS, but it seems logical to me bypassing D*'s NBA LP service this season, and by going directly through nba.com I'd at least have the home games that D* subs won't be getting. NBA.com offers League Pass Broadband service with most games streamed in 720p for the annual price of $179.00 for early birds.

Marty In LA

If it is like MLB.tv they will have all feeds in HD including local OTA broadcasts. The problem is that MLB.tv blacks out all games your are supposed to get on your local RSN whether you actually get the RSN or not. I use MLB.tv and all Tigers games are blacked out for me on both the home and away video streams. I would guess that the broadband version of league pass would get the new lakers feeds but you would be blacked out of them in LA.

if you have league pass through say, directv, you should also have the broadband subscription included, correct?

If it is like MLB.tv they will have all feeds in HD including local OTA broadcasts. The problem is that MLB.tv blacks out all games your are supposed to get on your local RSN whether you actually get the RSN or not. I use MLB.tv and all Tigers games are blacked out for me on both the home and away video streams. I would guess that the broadband version of league pass would get the new lakers feeds but you would be blacked out of them in LA.

I called D* today and told them how disappointed a Los Angeles area Lakers fan I am that they won't be included in my NBA LP for 2013. The CSR (from the Boise ID facility) then offered $79 off the annual renewal price.

I'm not happy we don't have the Pac-12 Network, much less TWC's Sportsnet, and given the outrageous fees TWC is asking from subs for their channel I kind of side with D* on this issue. Frankly I've enjoyed listening to USC Trojan radio broadcasts this season and I'd be content with Laker's radio as well.

Thanks king3pj.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts