L173 update for 721?

Haven't got it yet but it should be to enable the rest of the Dish home applications. They were promised for 10/01/04 but it took till now to get the software. IF it is the software update I was told about two months ago, when I talked to Chris B. Jones at Dish, then the 921 should be getting it too sometime in the near future. They had to make sure it would work on the 721 first.

Just got it on both of my 721s . Dish home applications still don't work as promised by old Chris Jones. I don't know what this one does. It didn't even correct the annoying "unknown recording channel 77" bug on all of my recordings. :mad:

Went through the menus earlier and didn't notice anything newly activated or changed from the previous software revision.

MikeD-C05 said:
Just got it on both of my 721s . Dish home applications still don't work as promised by old Chris Jones.
No surprise there considering how long it initally took for the 50_'s to have all the Dish Home Apps enabled.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have contacted my contacts to find out what the update is about. I have a feeling its a security fix and nothing much more.

... and what exactly are "security fixes" and what do they do?

Security Fixes are for when they make changes to the security system. :)

Its really stuff that does not effect the home user, no other changes were made to the system which the user can see.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Security Fixes are for when they make changes to the security system. :)

Its really stuff that does not effect the home user, no other changes were made to the system which the user can see.

It's stuff that makes Dish feel better about us having top secret equipment in our hands.:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts