L178 software update for 721

retiredTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2003
Missouri
Anyone got the inside info what's in it?
So far I can't find any changes that "you could see".
Of course we didn't get the " the NEW Dish Home" either
(by now it could be called "old dish home" again for those who have had it for so long) .

why would a new satellite that will sit at an existing slot and use already existing transponders necessitate a software update?

Last edited:
It fixed a lot of bugs on my system that the last update introduced.

Bugs introduced last time:
4x fast motion is choppy and unwatchable - not fixed
Jump back 10 seconds from live program has up to a 10 second stall - fixed
Pause of live programming can take a second or two to establish - fixed
Reset of PVR could take up to 1/2 hour to fully return to normal including guide - fixed
Pressing VIEW button to catch up was often slow to go LIVE - fixed

I was getting annoyed with all of these, so glad most are fixed. But the 4x thing is still frustrating, because last season I was recording college basketball games and watching them in fast motion smoothly, but now the action is unwatchable, as rather than showing every 4th frame like before, now it jumps forward and shows a bunch of frames in a row, then jumps again and does the same, making it impossible to follow the action.

Another thing that happened after the update was the 2 most recent things I recorded tonight were destroyed, only showing black screens when I tried to watch them. I was in the middle of watching one earlier, so I know it was recorded. Then I was checking something with my TV and turned the DVR off, and when i turned it back on, it was already taking the download. Afterward, I went to watch the show I had stopped, and it was no longer viewable.

Anyone know how NUMBERS ended tonight?

iKramerica said:
Anyone know how NUMBERS ended tonight?

123? Sorry. Couldn't resist.

It wasn't the original guy they thought. It was the builders son who had done the recent bombings. He found the old book on how to make his b*mb using the same ingredients and chemical makeup as the one 30 years prior. He thought dad still felt the same way from 30 years+ regarding anti-war and peace movement stuff.

Cisco was the undercover old FBI guy.

Hope it helps.

iKramerica said:
It fixed a lot of bugs on my system that the last update introduced.

Bugs introduced last time:
4x fast motion is choppy and unwatchable - not fixed
Jump back 10 seconds from live program has up to a 10 second stall - fixed
Pause of live programming can take a second or two to establish - fixed
Reset of PVR could take up to 1/2 hour to fully return to normal including guide - fixed
Pressing VIEW button to catch up was often slow to go LIVE - fixed

I found a couple of new ones now with the 1.78 update:

In the past when watching a recorded program from channel x - if you would pull up the guide - channel x would be right there. Not that way now. I know have to navigate to that channel. Annoying.

Also, while watching a recorded program I have found when pulling up the guide and hitting the forward one day button in the guide it actually will skip 30 seconds in the program I'm watching. Really Annoying.

kvhollis said:
I found a couple of new ones now with the 1.78 update:

In the past when watching a recorded program from channel x - if you would pull up the guide - channel x would be right there. Not that way now. I know have to navigate to that channel. Annoying.

Yeah it's very annoying on the 522, 625 also.

This is pretty minor, but I noticed tonight that the Auto-Tune function now does not have an end time.

This means that if you set an Auto-Tune to a long program (say a sporting event), then try to set another Auto-Tune to another program that starts before the first one is over, it will not let you.

I used to be able to edit the first timer so that the end time was earlier than the 2nd event, and that worked well.

I'll be the first to admit that this is not a very likely situation to run across; the reason I do it is kind of convoluted. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)