L187 Download

boatdrink

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2004
I had problems with my 921 yesterday ( 3rd one not working), when I called dish she told me that version L186 was no longer the most current version. She said that L187 was scheduled to begin downloading last night. Has anyone seen anymore on this?

It was delayed a day due to a problem at the uplink.

As of 15 minutes ago it was still scheduled to go up today, but as always things are subject to change.

We will post a list of fixes when it is available, Also keep checking the 921 forum at DBSTalk as well for updates. Mark talks the the guys at Eldon I don't.

Just got word that they expect to have the new software uplinked in about a half hour. :)

(Of course as always the software could be pulled at the last second due to other uplink issues)

I have posted the initial release notes. Click HERE

I hope to have more detailed information tomorrow morning when I hear back from the Eldon team leader. The post will be updated at that time.

I had to front-panel reboot to get the install to start. Got a GSOD (Gray Screen Of Death) 5 minutes in. Took 3 minutes to come back up after that.

Then I did a power plug reboot (first one since the last software update) to help "settle" the new software (per MarkL's suggestion some time ago). 4 minutes.

So far so good.

Mine was done around 5:45. Didn't need to do anything. When I turned it on, it already had 1.87. So far can't see where it does anything beneficial. :confused:

Guess since I don't us IR Blaster for VCR....

I think the difference in manual/automatic install might have to do with whether the box is in stand-by while it's downloading, or if it's turned on.

Well, still no luck with my OTA, channels won't scan in or manually add. Time for a new unit, it must be a bad OTA tuner. :(

I just have so much stuff on there to watch! With the hurricane, maybe I'll get through some if the power doesn't go!

angiodan said:
Well, still no luck with my OTA, channels won't scan in or manually add. Time for a new unit, it must be a bad OTA tuner. :(

I just have so much stuff on there to watch! With the hurricane, maybe I'll get through some if the power doesn't go!

Just stay up all night :D

Can't see any change, with 187, except it automatically added an OTA digital, that wasn't there before. What was it suppose to fix?

angiodan said:
Well, still no luck with my OTA, channels won't scan in or manually add. Time for a new unit, it must be a bad OTA tuner. I just have so much stuff on there to watch! With the hurricane, maybe I'll get through some if the power doesn't go!
Do you have anyway to see if it's your antenna? Have you ever received any analog channels off your antenna. I sent my 921 back and it ended up being my antenna set-up that went bad. I had a short in a small run of coax. Just a thought...

The only thing different I noticed is that the titles of recorded shows are back to being correct. When I record Letterman each night, it had been saying "CBS2 News at 11", the show just before Letterman. Last night the title was correct. I'll take any improvement as long as nothing else goes bad!

Good, this bad label bug was driving me nuts....... Everything else had been OK for me on 186 (No unexpected reboots in a month, no recordings split in two with 3 minutes missing).

I'll go do the power plug reboot tonight to make sure I clear things out...... Do I need to redo timers again, or are they behaving OK?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts