L4.02, will it happen this week?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
4/9/2007: 1402 Software Version L4.02 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Tuesday, April 10th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.02 for the ViP622DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.01 and L4.02 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR.

I doubt it.

4.01 is for one type of 622s, 4.02 is for another. Don't ask for proof but I'd bet a donut to a dollar it's the case.:)

I don't think so. It doesn't make sense to have two different software versions out there. I think this is just like last time, send it out to some to see what problems pop up.

I don't believe this one will make it up tonight, however I do here it "should" be coming this week.

Let's cross our fingers. :)

I got to admit though 4.01 has been solid for me.

maybe 4.02 is going to all of us that didnt get 4.01?

that way we will be better than the rest of your for awhile. :)

I don't believe this one will make it up tonight, however I do here it "should" be coming this week.

Let's cross our fingers. :)

I got to admit though 4.01 has been solid for me.

4.01 has been the first release I can remember that added this many features, yet was rock solid for me...... The side by side PIP is the best add since NBR for me....

The only glitch I see....? It says on the main menu that I have a movie waiting for me and to click on Movies and More to view it.... I click there and nothing is waiting. Absolutely zero annoyance factor since I don't watch PPV movies (plenty to record with the PVR off HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz)

your mileage may vary... Mine come up in 1-2 seconds tops.....

NightRyder, have you tried doing a switch check or something else?

Seems like everybody I know has the update but me ... well maybe tonight or this week. We'll see!

Too bad you don't know me, then you wouldn't be alone :D ! I kinda wish I had signed up to beta test... though it seems that some are having issues with it.

I guess I'll have to keep waiting... maybe my mom was right and that it is for my best good.

your mileage may vary... Mine come up in 1-2 seconds tops.....

NightRyder, have you tried doing a switch check or something else?

Yeah, check switch, front panel reset etc, I even sang it several courses of the four letter serenade :) The day after I received the update my receiver locked up and I had to pull the plug to get it to respond again, thankfully that hasn't happened again. I'm not alone, I've read of several others with the same issue. The slow channel changes are only on the real MPEG4 channels, the ones off 129 are the worst. I think this problem may be related to how the new software interacts with different Switch/LNBF combinations, at least that might explain why some are experiencing it and others not. It goes like this: Change channel..1..2..banner appears with black screen...3...4...5.... banner disappears ...6......7... Sound...8...9... Picture!

My setup:
D-1000 w/DP Twin - 110/119
30" Dish with DP/Dual - 129
DP-34 Switch

NightRyder

Last edited:
My point was: If / When this L4.02 PARTIAL phase software spools, how could L4.01 and L4.02 be the valid software versions if everyone has not received L4.01??

Either L4.02 will br a FULL spool, or maybe they just THINK everyone has L4.01 already.....:what

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)