L404 to download to TOA1 receivers

tsduke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Iowa
L404 is targeted to download to TOA1 receivers and a few others that lost OTA's completely.

Yes I got that email as well but didnt post it since so few people got TOA1.

No word when L 4.04 is going to roll out to everyone else.

Yeh there are very few of us with TOA1. I received the email as well. I did get to download my logs and send them back to Dish...hopefully this helped get a fix for those of us who had OTA before 4.01-4.03 and then lost it. Anxiously await and will post results tomorrow. If it works maybe we'll see a wider release after that.

Jim

TOA1 was a special Beta software sent to those who reported problems with OTA tuning of local channels.

There was less then 30 people who ever got TOA1.

Actually, you gotta hand it to them. They're pumping out fixes, partial or otherwise, pretty fast. They must have a pretty high priority in getting this straight.

TOA1 was a special Beta software sent to those who reported problems with OTA tuning of local channels.

There was less then 30 people who ever got TOA1.
Told yeah - do you want have the info ? You rejected - OK, now I'll tell you again - there was 16 receivers with the version.

No real signs of the L4.04, BTW. Will wait for midnight, next spool.

Hmm...we've had problems with OTA...a station on the border of VHF and UHF here in Tulsa. Maybe I should've reported it. It started after the last download...100% and lots of dropouts.

Smith, is it this one? or the one you're talking about is the beta one?

4/11/2007: 1002 Software Version L4.04 for ViP 622 DVR

Effective Thursday, April 26th, Engineering has spooled a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L4.04 for the ViP622DVR receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L4.03 and L4.04 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 622 DVR.

I got an email that it was postpones until sometime this morning. Test tooking longet than anticipated.

I am actually impressed with how Dish has been doing their updates lately.
Oh yea, some of us are just pickeled-stink with them - especially the last two.
Geesh Scott, how can you say that. I had a rock solid 622 until 4.01 broke it and 4.03 finished the job. From reading the posts, I don't think I'm the only one experiencing it either.

Oh yea, some of us are just pickeled-stink with them - especially the last two.
Geesh Scott, how can you say that. I had a rock solid 622 until 4.01 broke it and 4.03 finished the job. From reading the posts, I don't think I'm the only one experiencing it either.

There are very few like you. For most of us 3.65 and 3.66 software sucked. There was picture stuttering, audio dropouts, no DD thru HDMI. 4.01 and 4.03 fixed all those problems. In your case it is probably hardware issue. Call E* and have them replace it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts