L413 Spooling for 625 receivers today (1/9)

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Starting today (1/9) Dish will begin spooling version L413 for 625 some receivers.
This looks like a housekeeping version meant to clean up some loose ends. Don't know what they may be.

See ya
Tony

It's the same update that the 522 recieved a few weeks ago.

So what was the point of splitting the software updates between the 2 systems if they were going to merge them again?

Maybe the ones that got it first were beta testers. Either that or there are different versions of each receiver that requires different software.

One thing I noticed this morning is the PIP does split screen on the 3rd press

Good observation on your part.
Maybe not the first to observe it but the first to report it. :up

I noticed this morning after checking out your post that you were correct and that also, if the" Position" button is hit once, it will bring up a horizontal 50% split screen. Same result as hitting "Pip" button 3 times.
These were noticed on a #625 receiver.

Good observation on your part.
Maybe not the first to observe it but the first to report it. :up

I noticed this morning after checking out your post that you were correct and that also, if the" Position" button is hit once, it will bring up a horizontal 50% split screen. Same result as hitting "Pip" button 3 times.
These were noticed on a #625 receiver.
Using the position button with no PIP displayed I get the vertical split acreen but I can't get a Horizontal split.:)

I found that the "search" menu has changed. Now let's you select a category and sub-category (like the Themes menu) along with the search input.

Using the position button with no PIP displayed I get the vertical split acreen but I can't get a Horizontal split.:)

I guess my receiver is different from yours.
Mine splits the horizontal picture vertically from top to bottom travelling across the screen.
You might say it is a vertically split screen of a horizontal addition.

:eek: Huh! :p :rolleyes:

Has anyone noticed anything else with this update?

I noticed the new Send Status button today. I pushed it today just for fun. It seems to send diagnostic info about the 625 to E*. I also noticed on the counter screen that it is scheduled to send my status automatically in April. This line used to read "status scheduled 00/00/0000".

I noticed that when switching channels, it is black for nearly 10 seconds before showing the next channel. Is it doing that for anybody else?

I noticed that when switching channels, it is black for nearly 10 seconds before showing the next channel. Is it doing that for anybody else?

Checked timing on a #625 this morning with a software L4.13 and it is the usual 3 seconds between channel changes.
Your 10 seconds if not involving satellite changing which would rule out any external switch changing is too long and requires investigation.
Start by doing a satellite receiver a/c cord removal from outlet for about 15 seconds.
During this period remove the Sat. In cables from back of Sat.Receiver.
Plug receiver back in to a/c outlet.
With Sat.In cables disconnected from back of receiver, do a Check Switch. When this is finished, re-install the two Sat.In cables and do another Check Switch.
When this is completed, change between channels and note time of black.
What is the down time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts