LA Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Are LA Locals on a conus beam? If I move to Chicago could I still get LA locals?

I have LA Locals and I live in Chicago, I also Have New York Locals, If your LA Locals are in the 240's you should get them, move and Dont tell Dish where you move to IE paperless statement? Pay online and you will keep them.

Not all locals from LA are CONUS!!!! And starting sometime next year (after E*10 is in place) even less will be CONUS.

What is available ConUS right now are the big 4 NETWORK stations and the Superstation KTLA.

Here is the way it is right now:

ConUS at 119° and should remain that way in the foreseeable future:
KCBS 2
KNBC 4
KTLA 5 (WB)
KABC 7
KTTV 11 (Fox)

ConUS at 148° and will be moved to a Spot Beam before this time next year

KVMD 31 (Ind.)
KBEH 63 (Spanish Ind.)
KHIZ 64 (Ind.)

SPOT BEAM at 119°
KCAL 9 (Ind.)
KCOP 13 (UPN)
KSCI 18 (Ethnic, Ind)
KWHY 22 (Spanish Ind)
KVCR 24 (PBS-EDU)
KCET 28 (PBS)
KMEX 34 (Univision)
KXLA 44 (America One)
KFTR 46 (Telefutura)
KOCE 50 (PBS)
KVEA 52 (Telemundo)
KAZA 54 (Azteca America)
KDOC 56 (Ind.)
KJLA 57 (Spanish Ind)
KLCS 58 (PBS)
KRCA 62 (Ethnic, Ind.)

LA Locals not on Dish
KPXN 30 (Pax) - Must Carry request denied by FCC
KTBN 40 (TBN) - Contract for national carriage on most basic tier in lieu of must carry.

So to say that LA Locals are on ConUS is disingenuous to say the least! If all you are interested in are ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and WB, then the answer is yes, THOSE stations are can be received nation wide. The stations at 148° can me received nation wide but they will not be there for much longer.

See ya
Tony

Can i use a Directtv LNB and watch dishtv?If not i will buy a Dishtv Lnb.
I love the L.A. stations with all the car chases that can lasts hours lol.Would it be better to say i have a vacation house in L.A. calif and use my Billing address from the east coast with Dish?
Or is it better to find a address in L.A. Calif and use that?
I called dish and they have no problems with giving me local programing at $5.99 a month and yes i would pay yearly online.
I can't wait till i am able to watch L.A. stations again from the east coast...Thanks johnny :yes

A DirecTV LNB and Dish are the same (electronically) as a Dish Network LEGACY LNB. If you are using Dish Pro equipment (switches), a DirecTV LNB will not work.

Be sure to keep a SERVICE address in LA. You can change your billing address to where ever you want the bill to go.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts