Laggy/glitchy Guide on a 522

Chrissypooh

Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Wisconsin
There was a little storm last night and my power went out suddenly for several hours... so when I awoke this morning to watch the tube, I was most unpleasantly suprised that the guide was taking several seconds to show up when I pressed the remote, and when it did show up, the scrolling/response time was laggy, not to mention very glitchy. As a matter of fact, everything I pressed was lagging! I figured it might be the remote so I tried changing channels through the reciever, alas, that too was laggy. Could the sudden power outage have corrupted something internally or maybe a surge when the power came back on could've fried something? I tried turning it off for a few minutes, unplugging it, everything, but no luck. What should I do? :confused:

I have noticed the same thing on my receiver. All of this was caused by the latest software that Dish sent. I currently have version L239. There is nothing you can do until Dish fixes the problem(and creates a different problem) with a new software update.

Thanks

The restart was the first thing I tried, alas, no luck. Maybe it is the new software, but I dunno. Appearantly during the storm, lightning struck a phone line nearby and a lot of people got their computers, dish recievers, ect fried. (Good thing I unplugged my computer's line). My neighbor had one of her recievers fried by the storm. Mine still "works" but it randomly skips timers, locks up and shuts down, and it's slower than a snail. We called Dish Network and somebody is coming to look at it next week. Thanks for the tips though!

Blah... well the guy is coming over on wednesday, but I still wonder, do you thing the phone-line getting hit could've fried it? My neighbor (as I said previously) Had one of her DirecTV recievers fried and several of her computers (She runs a print/graphic design shop) Through the phonelines. I cannot stress enough now after this incident how important it is to unplug your expensive hardware from the phonelines during a storm! It seems it's more likely to get fried through a phoneline than it is from a power surge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts