Lake Cabin receiver that is compatible with Hopper.

llburk

Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Colorado
I have a cabin with Dish Network satellite equipment installed. My equipment at the cabin worked fine with my old home equipment. I have a dual receiver at the cabin presently. I recently upgraded to the Hopper at my home. The dish network representative
told me that a Dish 211 would be compatible with my home system at the cabin if I purchased one and my old dual receiver would not work. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. Short of having a second account at your cabin, the 211 is the only receiver that you can have with a Hopper system... and, that must be an owned 211, you can't lease it. A good thing about that is that you can turn it on and off when not in use, saving some coins.....

The CSR is right to a point, the only VIP receiver that Dish will add to a Hopper account is a 211.

BUT...

Each address is supposed to have it's own account. Another CSR might ask questions about it and not allow the 211 to be activated.

The logic or lunacy of the requirements have been debated ad nauseum in the forums. Not going to tell anyone what to do, just letting you know what the official stance is.

Thanks Bobby! That is what the rep said. Can't be to careful. Ask the same question to another rep and I usually get a different answer.

It isn't a matter of being compatible. Having a Hopper at one residence has no affect on any other receiver working at another. As mentioned it's that DISH will not activate anything but one 211, Joey, another Hopper or Super Joey receiver on an account that has a Hopper on it, and you must own the 211, not lease it.

Since it's been discussed so many times before I'll just say it is against DISH policy to have one account and use two residences at the same time. Most people get the 211 for "Tailgating.".................

Co-worker of mine admitted that he has 2 receivers at his house, and his son has 4 receivers at his home, all on the same account. Guess there is no Audit team at Directv :)

You could install 2 Hoppers at your house and take one to the cabin if you installed a node at the cabin. Cheap solution.
you could even take both Hoppers if you wanted to.

Thank you for the reply. This cabin is a fishing cabin not a residence. No address, no land line. No different than an RV, albeit stationary.

Interesting point. Even if DISH knew about it, it would take an unreasonable person imho to think that is worth worrying about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)