[langtitle=da]Ghost on my hd tv[/langtitle]

landon1937

Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
usa
I have just purchased a sony 46" hdtv and the Dish person was out today to change over to hd. My wife and I noticed that the picture was not as clear as the ones that were on display where we bought the tv. On closer exam I can see ghost mainly on the writing. I would think this would make the picture not very clear. What could be the cause, the dish installation or the tv? If tv I have a 90 day return and will use it if that is the cause. If it is in the installation I will call them back.
Thanks for listening.
Landon

Last edited:
[lang=da]I have just purchased a sony 46" hdtv and the Dish person was out today to change over to hd. My wife and I noticed that the picture was not as clear as the ones that were on display where we bought the tv. On closer exam I can see ghost mainly on the writing. I would think this would make the picture not very clear. What could be the cause, the dish installation or the tv? If tv I have a 90 day return and will use it if that is the cause. If it is in the installation I will call them back.
Thanks for listening.
Landon[/lang]

WOW! Think I must've had too many cocktails..............:confused::rolleyes:;)

Ed

Or someone else did.

It sounds like maybe your TV is in torch mode, too much brightness and contrast...... We really need a bit more info to come up with a real answer....

Like Bobby said, brightness/contrast, plus, make sure that the satellite receiver's output is set to match your TV's native resolution, if possible (menu-6-8). I've heard of several scenarios where the sat tech had the output set at 480, or using composite (RCA) cables and telling the customer it's HD.

Are you hooking up the TV to the receiver with coax? That's what it sounds like to me. You will need a component or HDMI connection, as well as change the resolution on the box to 720p or 1080i,

It should be nearly impossible to get a "ghost" image on an HDMI (best) or component connection--it just won't work. So it sure sounds like you are using a coax (worst) or a bad or broken connector S-video or composite connection.

Yes, watch out for torch mode, too as some TV sets automatically reset to it every 15 minutes. As dahenny says check Menu+6+8 for 1080i or 720p as appropriate on HD.
-Ken

Well as we found out in another thread he started today, the problem was a moron installer hooking up his HDTV with coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)